Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Top 10 Tuesday: Bookish Hopes for 2021

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Bookish Hopes for 2021

I already made a 2021 reading resolutions post, so I just thought I'd share some random bookish hopes for the year. None of these are really in chronological order, even though they're labeled that way. I simply listed out whatever came to mind first.

***
Read a book someone recommends me. By this I mean directly recommends, not a blogger/reviewer sharing their opinions to their followers. I realized I don't talk books with people very much anymore. I want that to change.
Get off my phone and read more. Should be simple, right?
Read more adult books and less YA. This is also on my reading goals post, so I put it lower on this list just because I'm already trying to do this. While I don't want to dictate hardcore what I can and can't read, I know there are some fabulous adult books out there that I haven't read yet, simply because I'm so focused on YA fantasy sometimes.

Get my bookshelves all pretty. I have a bunch of fan art that I'd like to display on my shelves next to my books. It'd be nice to do that this year.
Read a classic. Maybe a Jane Austen book.
Read a nonfiction book. I don't read non-fic. Ever. One in 2021 would be cool. I doubt it happens, but it would be nice if I could find one I like.

Catch up on all my unread Jennifer L. Armentrout books. I have one left in the Wait for You series, a few YA contemporaries, some Wicked-world novellas, and the Return series left. I also would like to purchase some as physical books. I only have ebooks for a few, but now that JLA's getting uber popular, I'm worried about getting my hands on some of her indie/self-published books.

Read more mass market paranormal romance. I would like to read Karen Marie Moning, Yasmine Galenorn, Nalini Singh, Kresley Cole, and whatever else I can find.

Read more diverse books. I increased this a wee bit in 2020, but not by nearly enough. I need to read 20+ books by POC authors each year, at least.
Read a 5-star book. My highest rated books of last year were all 4.5 stars. I'd like to get at least one perfect 5-star read in 2021.

***

Alright, there you have it. My bookish hopes for 2021. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything on your list. I need to get busy getting my shelves organized and I need to make an effort to read more diversely. If you figure out the secret to getting off of your phone, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have to find someone else to tell me the secret first! 😄

      Delete
  2. I will gladly recommend non-fiction! It is pretty much all I read, with the exception of some select YA authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if there are any you'd recommend for fantasy readers! XD

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!