Saturday, January 9, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Shiny Gold & Swag Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

 I didn't really expect to have anything to share today, but I completely forgot about two things I had on the way from various people.

Dark Age by Pierce Brown

So I received my pre-order incentive swag from Dana Swift for her upcoming release Cast in Firelight. It was such a fun YA fantasy book, and I'm super excited to add these art prints to my growing collection. I also received Dark Age from my mother. Technically, this was a Christmas present, but it came a little damaged from transit. She requested a replacement copy, but it still has the same binding issue in that the spine is pretty separated from the actual cover spine. I guess the book is simply too heavy to stay glued to the cover spine. Oh well. At least the dust jacket isn't dented like the last version.

What books have you bought/received lately?

10 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I love when preorder swag are character cards! they're so fun! I wish I knew of a better way to display my swag. It's so hard! When I have wall-space it either goes to bookcases or wall art. I've several bookish prints on my walls as well as photographs of places I got to visit a long time ago that are just too pretty to take down. I need more space! Lol.

    That's a bummer about the book binding not being up to par. That's always the downside to having to order online. Though when it's Amazon, I straight up refuse to accept a book with a rip in the cover or dents in the spine. I've had to exchange books more than a few times because of them. Hope it's still readable though!

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understand about the swag. I love it, but displaying it is an issue with my limited shelf space. And yes, online ordering is tricky. At least this copy is dented. 😄

      Delete
  2. I would love book swag but have no where to put it! Happy Reading :)

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2021/01/stacking-shelves-128.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to find a place for all of it, but it's so pretty! 😍

      Delete
  3. Sorry that your replacement book has the same issue as the one being replaced! I read and loved the first three books in the Red Rising series but haven't read any since. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I'm hoping to read the spinoff books when the last one comes out. I want to binge read them like I did with the RR trilogy.

      Delete
  4. I've never received any pre-order goodies! Rather jealous of you! But it's not something that's very big in SA. Enjoy!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. That sucks. Well, I hope you can get a preorder swag experience in the future. ☺

      Delete
  5. That swag looks really cool. I can see why you wanted it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!