Sunday, January 3, 2021

December Wrap-Up & January TBR

December is over! 2020 is over! Hopefully, 2021 will save us all! Lol. I'm just so glad that the nightmare will be over at the end of January. Yes, there's a long way to go, but at least one major obstacle will be out of the picture. Anywho, time to move on to book-related news.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in December


A Warm Heart in Winter: 3 stars
Cast in Firelight: 4 stars (my review)
These Violent Delights: 3 stars (my review)
Everless: 3.5 stars (my review)
Bring Me Their Hearts: 4 stars
United: 3 stars
The Language of Thorns: 2 stars

I read seven books in December. One was an ebook and an advanced reader copy from NetGalley, while the rest were physical copies. Cast in Firelight was the ebook/ARC. Four of the books I read this month were books that had been on my TBR since before 2019: Everless, Bring Me Their Hearts, United, and The Language of Thorns. United by Melissa Landers is one of the books that was on my 2020 reading goal post to finish off series I had started but not read the last book of yet.

Books Bought/Received in December


In total I got 17 books in December. Three ebooks and 14 physical books. So the physical books kind of exploded. Eek. To be fair, I only bought four of them this month and one last month. I bought A Warm Heart in Winter by J.R. Ward at my local indie bookstore, and then I stumbled upon cheap mass market paperback copies of two of J.R. Ward's other books: Prisoner of Night and Blood Fury, which are kind of cut off in the photo. Sorry. And then Master of One was December's FairyLoot book, which I am unbelievably excited for. This was probably my favorite FL box of the year. These Violent Delights was the November book, which I paid for in November.

The Kinder Poison and The Cruel Prince trilogy were all presents from my parents for Christmas, while The Covenant graphic novel was from my sister, as we both love The Covenant film about teen boy witches and the graphic novel is supposed to be what it's sort of based off of. Cemetery Boys was a gift from my book club/high school friend as part of our first gift exchange, and Morning Star was a surprise present from Jessica at
A GREAT Read. Thanks Jessica! I also received a book about grant writing from a co-worker. It's the skinny book between the graphic novel and The Cruel Prince boxset. And finally for the print books, I won an ARC of Winter's Orbit.

Now onto the ebooks! I bought three this month. All of them were impulse buys, as they were $2.99 on Kindle, and I couldn't resist. The three books are Jade City by Fonda Lee, Nophek Gloss by Essa Hansen, and The Bone Shard's Daughter by Andrea Stewart. Whew! That was a lot! Let's move on.

Currently Obsessed With

Not a lot of obsessions in December. I guess the closest thing is The Expanse television series. Season five just started releasing this month, and I'm super excited to see how amped up everything is. I'm constantly asking "What the heck is going on?" in every episode.
 

Other than The Expanse, I'm currently making my mom watch LOTR with me. She's never seen the movies before. I also crammed in one last re-watch of The Office before it left Netflix on December 31st. *sobs*

Currently Reading/January TBR


I have one book that I must read in January: The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E. Schwab (not pictured). It's the winter book club pick. I also need to finish Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and Winter's Orbit by Everina Maxwell. Oh, and I need to start A Clash of Kings, since it's a new year and I have the personal goal of reading one A Song of Ice and Fire each year. It typically takes me the entire year to finish it, as I read one chapter at a time. The others are just books I'd like to get to if I have time.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of December, plus some January sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments! Also, stay tuned for my 2020 reading wrap-up and 2021 goal posts!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that you do a monthly TBR, it seems to make things more manageable. I started a 'Tackling the TBR' personal challenge in 2019 to get my entire TBR under control (It was over 5,000 books!). I post weekly to see my progress and that has helped me a lot. I love posts like this because it helps me see what other bloggers do in order to stay on top of all we have going on.

    The only monthly wrap-up I do is showcasing the books my daughter and I read together for the month. Those are fun. I do year-end wrap-ups and will share a couple of those with you, if you care to visit any of the posts :)

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2020/12/tackling-tbr-year-in-review-2020.html

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2020/12/2020-reading-goals-oops-i-did-it-again.html

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2020/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-reads-of-2020.html

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-year-in-books-2020.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!