Saturday, August 6, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: The Book that is Everywhere Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I actually haven’t been buying a lot of books this month. In fact, I only bought one very important 2016 release and a snitch.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Rowling, Thorne, and Tiffany
The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter (not pictured)
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton

Yep. I had to purchase HPatCC. I mean, how could I not? In case you weren’t aware, I’ve already read and reviewed it. I’ve also posted a recap of the Barnes & Noble Midnight Release Party I went to last weekend.

As for the other books, I got Seeker at my local used bookstore via trade credit, and The Darkest Torment was a library copy. (I’ve read this one, and I’ll have my review up soon-ish.) I just didn’t want the hardcover copy because it wouldn’t match my paperbacks, so I’m waiting for the MMP before actually adding TDT to my Gena Showalter collection.

What books have you bought/received lately? Did you get The Cursed Child?

8 comments:

  1. My daughter went to a release party for the Harry Potter book. She is still working her way through the book. I have a review copy of Seeker that I still need to read. I am crossing my fingers that you like it and maybe I will pull it out. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for HP release parties! And I'm crossing my fingers I like Seeker too. It sounds good...

      Delete
  2. Yay for HP! Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read the new Harry Potter script, too. But I think I will wait to get it at the library (too much money spent on books for me, lately). I have really enjoyed the HP Release parties in the past. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kind of fun. It was catered more towards kids, so I mostly just browsed Barnes and Noble's shelves. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but alas, I couldn't go to a release party this year (however, I did go to a few in the past). Have a great week and thanks for stopping by Tynga's Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... I wish every fan had been able to go to a release party.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!