Sunday, August 7, 2016

My Thoughts on the Suicide Squad Movie

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the Suicide Squad movie, mostly because I have a lot of feels. Lots of good feels. I’ve posted the trailer below, just in case you haven’t seen it yet. Although, I don’t see how that’s possible…


Okay, so I said awhile back that I’ve been pretty into the Bat Family storyline lately. Oddly enough, I hadn’t gotten into the storyline until after the Batman vs. Superman film (which was a very “meh” movie). All of that being said, I wasn’t too terribly excited to see Suicide Squad simply because of how crappy BvS was. However, I was more than just impressed with this film full of baddies turned semi-goodies, and I’ve got a list of reasons why.

My first main reason involves the cast. While some were a little off, like Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, even the off ones weren’t bad, just different. However, Harley freakin’ Quinn, played by Margot Robbie is pure genius. I LOVE her! I’ve never been a huge Harley fan, but Robbie is brilliant! She’s like the Heath Ledger of this DC film.

 
As for the rest of the cast, Will Smith was believable, Viola Davis was terribly bada$$, and the rest were hilarious and brilliant. The only exception: Jared Leto as the Joker. I don’t dislike his performance, I just felt Ledger’s was better. HOWEVER, I can understand how Ledger’s version wasn’t really one that would seemingly have a romantic relationship. Thus, the character had to change.

Now, let’s talk plot. The whole film wasn’t serious like BvS. There’s one major crazy plotline, and I think that really brought the dynamic of the team together. It was like a twisted version of The Avengers. I also really liked that the villain in this film was different from the heroes. You know, in Ant-Man, there was another shrinking guy to fight; in Iron Man, there was another guy in a metal suit to fight; and in Thor, there were other gods to fight. In this film, the “good” guys are fighting someone with different powers from their own. Thank goodness.

Oh, and before I forget, my last reason for loving this movie involves that soundtrack being perfection! I kind of want to buy it, and I haven’t purchased a film soundtrack since my Twilight days.

All in all, I’d say that it’s best to ignore the critics for this one. Believe me, it’s worth the watch, especially if you’re in any way interested in seeing Harley Quinn on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!