Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Books I Will (Probably) Never Read

As I’m sure is the case with many of us, there are some books we just don’t think we’ll ever read, either because we simply don’t have enough time in the day to get to them or because their premises don’t really interest us anymore.

I have three such books that I want to talk about today, and I’ve explained below each one why they’ve made it onto this list. Oh, and before I begin, I have to say that these aren’t the only books I’ll probably never get to, but they’re just the ones I can think of at this particular moment.

Paper Princess by Erin Watt and Jude Frederick

It’s kind of a weird story as to how this book made this list. I don’t own a copy of Paper Princess, but I downloaded a sample on Kindle, simply because I’d heard nothing but good things and the blurb sounded epic. However, I only read the first few pages of the sampler and I had to stop. It turns out the main character, who was 17 years old, was a stripper two years ago. Now, don’t get me wrong, a woman or man can strip if he/she wants to, but stripping at 15! WTH!?! I just couldn’t even get past that, no matter how sexy the main characters sound.

Ignite Me by Taherah Mafi

I think I’ve talked about this one on the blog before, but I can’t get past how Mafi changed the love triangle. Now, I don’t mind love triangle changes, and I try not to base my dislike of a book off of them, but I loathed Warner throughout this series. He was a creepy stalker and a terrible person. I don’t know if I can ever finish this series.

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

It took soooooo long for this book to come out. I loved the first and second books in this series, but the third one let me down a little. I wanted more, and I didn’t get it. Unfortunately, the books can’t get a redemption story because I just don’t want to pick up the last book. I even tried to read Inheritance when it first came out, but I couldn’t. I have a vague idea of the ending, simply because I googled it, but otherwise, I’ll never know what happens. *sigh*

***

Well, there you have it. Those are a few of the books that I don’t think I’ll ever read. Like I said up above, there’s probably more I could add to this list, I simply can’t think of them right now.

What are some books that you own or were interested in once upon a time that you just don’t think you’ll ever get to for whatever reasons? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!