Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My Thoughts on the Justice League Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the new Justice League trailer that was released during Comic Con. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below:


Okay, so first of all, I have to mention that music. I think the showrunners were going for bada$$, but instead what they really got was douche-y background noise. I just don’t think it meshes with any of the characters, especially with the supposed seriousness of Batman running around trying to gather superheroes for this so-called threat.

Speaking of threats, I’m not sure when/how Bruce even came across knowledge of this new big bad. Did Lex have it locked away somewhere? How does Bruce know what’s going to happen? Is he psychic? In the Avengers movies, the threat is always shown and is usually discussed in the trailers in relation to the superheroes, but here, it’s just implied that there’s a threat (the box that I can’t remember the name of right now). I feel like that’s poor editing on their part. They’re focusing on the relationship between the characters but not on what’s actually bringing those characters together.

Okay, I think that’s the end of any real complaints I had with this trailer. For the most part, I did enjoy the team dynamics. Aquaman is very… nice (*wink, wink*) and not at all the comically powered superhero that everyone used to make fun of. Flash is a little off for me. I just expected his role to be a bit more serious—still comedic, but serious. And, of course, Cyborg doesn’t get a lot of time in the trailer, but he looks pretty cool.

Oh, one more minor complaint. I think it’s weird that Bruce is just going around and advertising his alter ego. It’s like with what happened in Suicide Squad. He’s just all la-tee-da about being Batman. I understand why they did it for the plot’s sake, but I just don’t really like it. It feels out of character.

Any of these complaints are overshadowed by the fact that this trailer looks way better than what the Batman vs. Superman movie looked like. There’s no god-awful Lex Luther in the trailer (and hopefully not the film) to ruin it for me.

All in all, the trailer was aesthetically pleasing, the characters looked good, and the release date needs to be sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!