Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Thoughts on the Captain America: Civil War Trailer

I just realized I haven’t talked about the Captain America: Civil War trailer yet. How rude of me! In case you haven’t seen the one I’m getting ready to talk about, here it is:


As you can see, a lot is going on in this thing. Bucky and Steve are fighting with Ironman, and a clash of the supers is teased with the traditional X-Men cartoon run-towards-each-other-so-we-can-pretend-we’re-about-to-kill-each-other vibe. (Sidenote: Now I totally have that theme song stuck in my head.)

 I love everything about this trailer and what I can tell of the storyline. I wasn’t a huge fan of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, so I wasn’t expecting Marvel to be able to step up its game considering it butchered the story arcs of so many characters in that movie. However, I was pleasantly surprised seeing how epic this film looks.

I love how loyal Steve is to his friend and his cause, but I also love how some of the other characters, like Natasha, aren’t just standing by his side because they like him. It’s a true war between strong personalities. And the Avengers are all-spanking new. Scarlet Witch is back to show just how bada$$ she can be! Can you tell I’m excited about more female characters in superhero movies?

Now, of course I have to mention the introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther. Black Panther looks ridiculously awesome. He’s got some mad skills. I hope Bucky can hold his own, but he looks kind of outmanned there. I’m just worried that, since the Black Panther movie isn’t releasing until after this one, some of the impact of his character in his solo movie will fade. BUT, if they don’t show his face—which so far they haven’t—maybe it’ll all feel fresh and fantastic.

As for Spider-Man, he looks fake. Of course he’s not real, so they had to do CGI or whatever, but he looks terrible. The other Spider-Mans looked so much more realistic. I really hope he doesn’t continue to look that bad in the actual film. I am really happy they introduced him in this movie, though. I just hope they’ll do him justice.

All in all, I’m excited to watch this movie. It looks like it’s going to be way more epic than the past few Marvel movies, and you can bet I’ll be watching it the week it comes out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I am so far behind on my superhero movies but this looks good. I would definitely watch this.

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't watch it if you haven't at least seen the second Avengers movie. There's a lot of backstory in it, or at least, it looks like there is. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!