Monday, April 11, 2016

My Favorite Covers of 2016's Upcoming Releases

Almost all of the covers for 2016 releases have been revealed! Or, at least, almost all of the ones on my Goodreads TBR have been revealed. Of course, Empire of Storms and a couple of other books have yet to show their beautiful faces, so this list may have another addition or two…

Right now, though, I want to share with you some of my favorite covers out of the upcoming 2016 releases.
These are in no particular order, although, I do have a favorite.


The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

This cover is bada$$. I love how Lia isn’t all prettily dressed up. Instead, she’s a warrior with a dirty-ish appearance (despite not really being dirty). I also love how the faces of the fighters in the background are so detailed. It’s not just an anonymous army. These are actual people she’s facing down.

Release Date: August 2, 2016


A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray

I haven’t read the other two books yet, but these covers are fantastic! The colors are vibrant and engaging, and the scenes depicted within the paintings are absolutely captivating. I can’t wait to dive into this series once all of the books are released.

Release Date: November 1, 2016


Frost Like Night by Sarah Raasch

*sigh* Yet another series I haven’t started yet, but boy do I want to. These covers are all so mesmerizing. There’s something about the those background images that really make the center circle—there’s a word for it, I just can’t think of it right now and I don’t want to spoil myself by looking at the description—pop. The details on the center circle are fascinating. I could spend hours drooling over this series’ covers.

Release Date: September 20, 2016


The Crown by Kiera Cass

Of course this book has to go on my list. It’s purple! I love purple! (As if you couldn’t tell by my blog. Ha!) I wasn’t a huge fan of The Heir cover—don’t get me wrong, it was pretty, but it was just so gray… This cover, though. This thing is sparkly and purple and gorgeous and purple.

Release Date: May 3, 2016


And I Darken by Kiersten White

Another purple book! I’m secretly brainwashing all of the designers to use purple for everything! Mwahaha! No, but seriously, this cover is genius. Normally, we see either a weapon or a flower on a cover, but this has both. They’re arranged in a way that suggest some epic stuff is going to go down. Totally looking forward to this book.

Release Date: June 28, 2016


Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes

It may not be purple, but this cover is my favorite of 2016… so far. I absolutely love the cover model and the amazing background! Everything’s so clear and realistic! Plus, the colors are beautiful! I still need to read Frozen Tides, but you can bet I’ll be picking this book up the day it comes out, if only to get that stunning cover on my shelves ASAP.

Release Date: December 13, 2016

***

Well, there you have it. Those are some of my favorite covers of the upcoming 2016 releases. I’ll do a roundup of all of my favorite 2016 covers towards the end of the year, so look forward to that.

What are some of your favorite covers of the upcoming releases? Sound off in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those covers are amazing. I particularly like the colors on the Claudia Grey book. I'm going to check these all out on GR right now.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!