Monday, April 4, 2016

A Missouri Event Page for All to See

Okay, so I’ve decided to start doing something a little different on my blog. It’s not a feature exactly, so I’m not sure yet what I’m going to call it yet, but it’s coming. Because I live in Missouri, a state that has very few book signings and author events compared to other states like Texas and New York, I thought it would be beneficial to share what signings I do know about with you guys. I know I find myself missing events because I haven't heard about them in time to make plans or even missing events because I didn't hear about them until after they were over.

What would this mean exactly? Well, it would simply mean that, if I hear about a signing, I would write up a post sharing the details of the who/what/when/where/why variety, and, perhaps, sharing the info on a calendar-like page solely dedicated to events. This page would list all of the signings and appearances in Missouri that I’ve heard about.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8pA.L_xWxHIA5FQunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyOGNlcGJqBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3NzJhZmYzZDE0ZjZlNTMzZmFhZDFmMDUwODFmYmY3NgRncG9zAzEEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dmissouri%26imgl%3Dpd%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-002%26fr2%3Dp%253As%252Cv%253Ai%26hsimp%3Dyhs-002%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=439&h=391&imgurl=www.enchantedlearning.com%2Fusa%2Fstates%2Fmissouri%2Fmap.GIF&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmrsjuliecady.wikispaces.com%2FMissouri&size=26.5KB&name=%3Cb%3EMissouri%3C%2Fb%3E%26%2339%3Bs+name+is+Algonquian+Indian+for+%26quot%3Briver+of+the+big+canoes.%26quot%3B&p=missouri&oid=772aff3d14f6e533faad1f05081fbf76&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&tt=%3Cb%3EMissouri%3C%2Fb%3E%26%2339%3Bs+name+is+Algonquian+Indian+for+%26quot%3Briver+of+the+big+canoes.%26quot%3B&b=0&ni=264&no=1&ts=&imgl=pd&tab=organic&sigr=11cjpclut&sigb=14g397dgo&sigi=11lpqqb8l&sigt=12o96sfn6&sign=12o96sfn6&.crumb=kKoEKifmjwY&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Ai&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla

Of course, if I take on this task, I may need your help. Any Missourians or lovely bookish people out there who have heard about a signing could contact me by comment/email/social media and share their knowledge, if they feel so inclined. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who helped contribute to the page.

So, what do you guys think? Is this something you would be interested in having on Shell’s Stories? Do you think I should expand it to include all the states or maybe just all of the Midwest ones? Let me know your thoughts and comments about the idea so I can get started! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! This would be awesome. I used to keep track of local author visits by checking the newspaper every Sunday. Times have changed and I don't get the paper anymore but I miss being able to look in one spot of this info. I will do my best to keep my eyes open, Rachelle!


    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping to get this thing up and running sometime by the end of next week, but we'll see. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!