Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: The Box Stuffer and the Other Two Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme that is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community and basically just lets me gush about the books I’ve accumulated.

I blew my ban out of the water! Stupid Book Outlet got in some books I’ve been wanting (and they recently got in some more, so there may be another order coming in at some point. Ugh). I’m so disappointed in myself. *sigh* Oh, well, the books themselves make me happy. Just look at them in all of their glory:

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
Icons and Idols by Margaret Stohl
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

The Heart of Betrayal and I’ll Give You the Sun are the two I made the order for, the rest were just box stuffers. I need to stop stuffing and just get the bare minimum otherwise I’m going to lose all my $$$. I also got Falling for Hamlet because it’s the book that the TV show The Royals is loosely based off of. And since I can’t watch the second season because I missed the first few episodes, I’ll have to deal with reading the book until season two is on Prime.

If you’ve read these books, tell me what you think in the comments. Please? Also, what books have you bought/received lately?

6 comments:

  1. I actually find that Book Outlet sales are dangerous, but they made you happy. You got a few very good ones. I hope you enjoy them all.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo... Yes, they are very dangerous. I'll have to use that word when I buy another box. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I'll Give You the Sun was a great read. I have been wanting to check out Icons for a while. Enjoy!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed IGYS. It was a touching read. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice haul! Book Outlet is evil, but I can never resist! I have a full cart right now. I've been snowed inside my house all weekend with nothing to do but shop for books! I hope you enjoy your new books! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Book Outlet is very evil. I need to steer clear, but I keep getting sucked back in.

      I hope you get free of your house soon, but if not, I hope you enjoy your new purchases! ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!