Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Bookshelf Pics: Bookshelf #1

As some of you may know if you’ve been keeping up with my posts, I went home over winter break. Besides my family and dog, the thing I love most about going home is drooling over my own bookshelves. See, I leave all of the books I’ve read, along with some I haven’t, at home so I don’t crown my apartment. There’s limited space in that sucker.

About twice a year or so I manage to get home for long enough that I can rearrange my bookshelves. Usually it’s once in the summer and once in the winter. Now, because I rearranged, I have some updated bookshelf pictures for you to ogle. But, instead of showing you all of them at once, I’m just going to do one full shelf at a time.


Today’s shelf is perhaps my most favorite. I call it my #1 Shelf. All of the books on it are arranged by genre.



The very top shelf has my Harry Potter, LOTR, Narnia, and other, more popular fantasy books on it. It also has Hermione’s wand, two Butterbeer mugs and some other HP merchandise on it.



The next shelf holds my YA fantasy books. These are all fantasy books that I’ve read. In fact, all of the books on this shelf, minus some on the HP shelf, are ones I’ve finished. Oh, and sorry for the glare.


This third shelf is mythology. I just rearranged these so that all of them fit on one shelf. I thought that was cool.



For this shelf I have all of my read angel books. The bottom one is blurry. I apologize. I can't take decent pictures, my hands shake too much. Ugh.



This shelf holds a mix of angel books, werewolf books, and shapeshifting books. There's no real order to it.



On this shelf there are some books in the front and some in back. The front books are ones I need to buy/read the sequels to. Actually, that trend is present on this entire shelf. If there's a book closer to the edge, it probably means I need to buy/read its sequel(s).

Alright, there you have it. That’s Shelf #1 in all of its glory! What do you think? Any arrangement tips?

2 comments:

  1. I must say how jealous I am of how many complete series you have. I feel like my shelves are nothing but first-in-series, and sequels if I like them enough. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I used to just buy a few books by authors I knew I liked. Now, I buy random stuff all the time. You'll see that shelf soon. ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!