Thursday, January 21, 2016

A New Year, A New Unhaul

I went home to my parents’ house over winter break. And usually, when I go to my parents’ house, I evaluate my bookshelves. I decide which books are worth keeping and which ones I can stand to get rid of. Now, I don’t want to do this, but I have to. Mostly because I’m eventually going to have to move all of my books out of my parents’ house and, currently, that’s a lot of books.

I also do this in order to get trade credit at my local used bookstore. Trade credit allows me to swap my duplicate copies or unwanted books (I really don’t like to use the word unwanted because I want all of the books, it’s just I know someone else is likely to read them before I ever can) for books I want or am more likely to read.

As such, I have some books I’ve decided to get rid of, as you can see in the pictures below:


Most of the books in this first picture are just ones that I either read and didn’t particularly enjoy or that I never plan on reading. Now, Lover Avenged is actually a special case; I just want the paperback version of that book because the hardcover is too large and doesn’t match my other J.R. Ward books. And An Ember in the Ashes is simply a duplicate copy that I’m getting rid of.


A lot of the books in the second image are childhood and YA books I’m not that fond of. Once I started asking myself “Do I really want to have to pack this up and move it with me?” I realized some of the middle grade books I had just didn’t make the cut. Oh, and The Young Elites is another duplicate.

There you have it. Those are the books I’ve forced myself to remove from my shelves. Have you had to get rid of any books lately? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!