Monday, January 18, 2016

My Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of 2016

It’s the beginning of the year which means there is a plethora of new books coming out. And yes, I’m excited for them all, there just so happens to be 10 that I’m more excited for than all of the others that are releasing. Of course, I still have to wait for them to release. *sigh*


So, for this post, I will simply be giving you exactly what the title says: My Top 10 Most Anticipated Books of 2016. These are all books that will be releasing this year. And, not surprisingly, most of them are sequels.

I’m doing ten books for this post, instead of five like I’ve been doing for all of my Top 5 posts, because I could easily pick out ten of these. I do have an honorable mentions to name, though. I was ridiculously excited for Gena Showalter’s new young adult release, Firstlife, but I got an eARC of it and I’ve already read and reviewed it, so I’m not putting it on this list, despite the fact that I’m still excited to have a finished copy in my hands.

Now, onto the real Top 10!



Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

You’re probably wondering why this book isn’t higher on my list. Well, it’s mostly because I’m not the biggest Cassandra Clare fan. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy her books, but they aren’t my favorite. I’m mostly excited for this one because of a combination of things. One, because the TV show is coming out soon and it’s got me obsessed with the Shadowhunter world. Two, we may get to see some of the older characters in this book. I’m crossing my fingers for Malec! I’m just not super excited about the new cast of characters. I didn’t really enjoy their appearances in City of Heavenly Fire.

Release Date: March 8, 2016



The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss of Deception was one of my favorite books of 2015, but I still haven’t read the sequel yet. That’s really the only reason why this book isn’t higher on my list. I’m hoping that I can hold out a little longer before I buy the second book, just so I don’t have to wait for any cliffhangers to be settled in The Beauty of Darkness. I don’t think I’m going to be able to wait very long, though. Oh, and this cover is bada$$.

Release Date: August 2, 2016



United by Melissa Landers

Aelyx. Enough said. But I can expand a little, I guess. I really enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy and I don’t think this one will kill my enthusiasm. I love alien stories and I love space and sci-fi stories, so this is a great addition to my shelves. Plus, I can’t wait to see the cover since I’m 75% sure it’s similar to the other books in the series and I love those covers. However, I know the publisher may or may not be the same, so I’ve got to cross my fingers that it’s a hardback book that’s the same height as the others.

Release Date: August 2016



The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

This book needs to be in my hands. Pronto. Unfortunately, I have three months to wait. Ugh. The publisher has put us through the wringer on this book’s cover and now I’m just like “Give it to me before they change it again.” I want to know what’s going to happen to Kestrel and Arin. Please let them have a Happily Ever After. Please!

Release Date: March 29, 2016



The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

I LOVED C.J. Redwine’s The Courier’s Daughter trilogy, so this one is a must-buy and a must-read. I know this is a standalone in a new fantasy world that will have multiple books in it, so I’m excited to see if this book follows Snow White and other books follow other fairytale characters. I haven’t read a regular fantasy fairytale retelling lately, so I’m excited to get my hands on this one since I know it’ll be good.

Release Date: February 16, 2016




This book doesn’t have a cover or a title, but I’m excited for it. The last book left off on a major cliffhanger, and I need to know what happens! I desperately hope Evie makes some better decisions in this book and isn’t so wishy-washy because that is the only thing that has this series not making its way into my favorite books list.

Release Date: May 31, 2016



Remembrance by Meg Cabot

God yes! This book must be in my hands! I can’t believe we get a new book in The Mediator series. I remember reading these books when I was in 8th grade or so and I LOVED them! These were the first Meg Cabot books I ever read and they’re amazing. I can’t wait to see what Jesse and Suze are up to.

Release Date: February 2, 2016



Kings Rising by C.S. Pacat

This is the Australian cover for this book. I LOVE this cover. The US one sucks. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get the Australian cover at the Book Depository, so I guess I’ll be buying the ebook until I can somehow get the pretty versions of this series. As for the actual content of this book, I desperately need to know what happens to Damen and Laurent. The second book had such a huge cliffhanger and I just NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

Release Date: February 2, 2016



Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen was my favorite book of 2015, so it’s no surprise the sequel made it onto this list. You may be asking why Glass Sword didn’t make it the #1 spot, though. And my reasoning for putting it at #2 is that I don’t have to wait as long for this book as I do for book I do have at #1. Glass Sword is only a few weeks away. YES!

Release Date: February 9, 2016



The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

Here it is. This is the book that I freakin’ need right now. God. Just thinking about how The Wrath and the Dawn ended has me desperate for this book. Thankfully this is just a duology so I don’t have to wait another year on top of the five months I’m waiting now for a conclusion, but five months is still much too long of a wait. I may be requesting an ARC of this one. I don’t normally do that, just because I don’t often get them when I do request ARCs, but I’m going to have to try because getting this book is a necessity.

Release Date: May 3, 2016

**

Well, there you have it. Those are books I’m desperate to get my hands on for 2016. I’m sure there will be some additions to this list once I hear about other new releases for the year, but, as of this moment, these are the ones that are on my mind.

What books are you eagerly anticipating this year? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!