Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Thoughts on the How to Train Your Dragon 3 Trailer

I thought I’d share my thoughts and feels about the new How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World trailer. In case you haven’t seen it, I’ve posted it below.


GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I don’t think that properly expresses how excited I am for this movie. It’s been so long since the second film came out, and even longer since the first one. I just recently re-watched both films, and I gotta say, they kept to the feeling of those films with this new trailer.

Now, I’m super enthusiastic for pretty much everything that was shown on screen here, but we have to talk about the one thing that seems to be on everyone’s minds: the female dragon, aka Toothless’s new girlfriend. A lot of people were upset that she had curves to emphasize her femininity. After all, Meatlug and Stormfly don’t have curves, and they’re female dragons. 

Toothless and the fake, fan-made female dragon.

And, I can see where they’re coming from. It is kind of stupid, especially when, instead of making her all shiny and such, they could have used this awesome fan-made version. However, I’m also interested in seeing how her appearance works with the new world Hiccup and Astrid discover. Can she blend into her surroundings with her sparkly scales? Does her disappearing act have something to do with her whiteness? I’m very intrigued.

As for everything else, holy cow! That one shot (can it be called a shot if it’s not a live-action movie?) with Hiccup and Toothless walking through the flames was awesome! Same with Toothless being all lightning-powered! I’m iffy on the beard, though. I’m hoping Astrid made Hiccup shave, and that’s why it’s not in the rest of the trailer. Or, it can be an ending/epilogue beard.

Oh, and did anyone else feel like bawling in the beginning intro? God, I don’t know how I’m going to live my life without Toothless in it. He’s just so freakin’ adorable! As shown not only by the replay of the first film scene, but also how clueless he is with his mating dances. Those weird, bird-like mating dances. Poor Toothless.

What I am curious about, though, is why there’s no Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, or Fishlegs in the trailer. They’re in the Netflix show, so why weren’t they in the trailer? And, for that matter, where’s Hiccup’s mom? Curious… I’m not sure how the villain is going to play into everything, but he doesn’t seem as evil as the second movie’s bad guy. Honestly, I was hoping a little for a female villain, but like I mentioned, everything about this trailer is still absolutely amazing!

I know I’m going to be sobbing at the end of this film. Especially because I’ve heard the finale is going to reflect the ending the books’ author had in mind for her series. I just want my poor babies to be safe! Dreamworks, you better not hurt them! March 2019 cannot get here soon enough. In fact, I’m just going to take a ten-month-long nap. Wake me up when it’s release day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!