Sunday, June 3, 2018

May Wrap-Up and June TBR

Well, May is over, and we’re already almost halfway through the year. Holy cow. Where does the time go? *sigh* May has been a pretty chill month. Besides going home to visit my parents, I didn’t do a lot in terms of activities, but I did read more than I have been. I also watched more television shows that weren’t Buffy or The Office, though I did watch those too.

Anywho, here’s my May wrap-up and June TBR.

Books Read and Reviewed in May



Buffy Season 8 Omnibus Volume 1: 3/5 stars
 Sky in the Deep: 4.5/5 stars
Geekerella: 2.5/5 stars
The Novice: 4/5 stars
Buffy Season 8 Omnibus Volume 2: No rating
Buffy Season 9 Volume 1: No rating
Buffy Season 9 Volume 2: No rating
The Inquisition: 4/5 stars 
The Battlemage: 3/5 stars (No review yet.)

These are in order of when I read them, from left to right, throughout the month. I also stopped giving the Buffy comics a rating and review after the first omnibus. There’s just too many of them for me to keep reviewing.

Nine books in total is really good for me. Although, the non-omnibus comics are only 100 or so pages.

Books Bought in May


I bought six books this month. All of which contributed to me going over my book budget. One book, The Darkest Promise, isn’t pictured. I left it at my parents’ house.

Books I Received for Free in May


Well, lots of goodies this month. All are from the Take Shelf at work.

Book Budget Status for May

I knew this month was going to be rough in terms of my book budge since I preordered so many new releases. I’m actually kind of impressed. I only managed to go $7 over budget. This means next month’s budget is $68.

Currently Obsessed With

I started fading out of the Buffy phase towards the end of May, especially since I finished re-watching the last season. I’m currently watching season thirteen of Supernatural for the first time. 

Also, I’ve had another Game of Thrones burst where all I want to do in life is read GoT fanfiction and watch fan-made videos. Let’s hope that clears up soon. I can never get my life back once I go down that rabbit hole.

Currently Reading in May/June TBR


War Storm is the big one (literally) for me. It’s so frickin’ huge! I thought I’d be done with this book by now, but, unfortunately, I just keep putting it off. I’m 200 pages in, and it’s really good. I’m just not in the mood to dedicate myself to the book on weeknights after I come home from work and the gym. But never fear, I will finish reading it this month!

Otherwise, I’m hoping to finish The Battlemage by Taran Matharu (if I haven’t already). I’d also like to read the next two Buffy Season 9 volumes, Kiss of the Royal by Lindsay Duga, and And I Darken by Kiersten White.

June Events

There are two bookish events that I’m going to this month—that I know of.


One is a Penguin Teen signing with Marie Lu, Sabaa Tahir, and Renee Ahdieh.


Two is BookCon. The biggest book event of them all.


And the final event isn’t a book-related event. It’s another movie. Incredibles II is coming out, so of course I have to see it.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of May, plus some June sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad month of reading! It seems like you enjoyed Sky In The Deep! That makes me happy because I enjoyed it as well! :)

    I also have War Storm on my June TBR. It was actually on my May TBR as well but I didn't get a chance to pick up a copy. I actually just bought it about an hour ago. LOL. We took a trip to Barnes & Noble so the fiance could look at book ideas for Fathers Day gifts and I used it as my opportunity to pick up a copy.

    Yes to Incredibles II! We will definitely be watching it this month as well! :D

    My May Wrap-Up & June TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Sky in the Deep! It was a good one! And yeah, I'm still only on page 300 of War Storm, I have no idea why it's taking me so long to get through the thing. Ugh. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!