Saturday, June 30, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Lots of Books Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

So, it’s actually been a really good book week. I finished three books, and, as you’ll see in this post, I acquired way more than I’ll be able to read in the entire month of July. But that’s the life of a book hoarder.

As for my life in general, I’m in kind of a slump. A life slump. Not a book slump. I’m reading all the things. I’m actually pretty proud of not only the amount of books I’ve read this month, but with the titles I’ve read this month as well. I’ll talk about that more in my wrap up (which should go up on Sunday, but no promises). Basically, I just don’t want to do anything but watch Netflix and read. I feel like a giant blob. I don’t even feel like going to the gym or blogging. That’s why I didn’t post anything this past Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I’m hoping that, with a few days of rest, I’ll want to get back in the groove of things, but, only time will tell.

Oh, I also found out that my office has/had bed bugs. Apparently a couple were spotted on my floor, and no one thought to email the second floor that the critters were there. The building managerial people brought in people to take care of it before I knew it had happened, but I’m so paranoid and grossed out right now. Ick.

But, happier news, I’m going to see The Incredibles II on Friday (I’m writing this post Thursday night). I’m also going to the dentist on Friday, so that kind of balances out the fun. Boo…

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Allied by Amy Tintera
The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
City of Lies by Sam Hawke

So Vicious and City of Lies were books I asked a work friend to send me. So, thanks work friend! The Love Interest was part of my office’s Pride month book giveaway. They gave away different LGBTQ+ books, and this is the one I grabbed. As for Allied, I bought it at The Strand for $9. Its purchase made me go over my budget by like forty cents.

Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf
Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills
The Queen Underneath by Stacey Filak
The Supervillain and Me by Danielle Banas
Caraval & Legendary by Stephanie Garber (ARCs)

So the first four listed were all on my work’s Take Shelves. I was so excited to see some new hardcover books there. Caraval and Legendary were in a recycling bin full of ARCs, so I nabbed them, since I don’t have copies and everyone tells me I should read Caraval.

Now I Rise by Kiersten White
Blood Passage by Heather Demetrios

What?! Blood Passage, the library edition, is on another one of my Stacking the Shelves. How surprising! Not. But this time, I’m actually going to read it. I checked it out of the library again because I’m actually almost done re-reading Exquisite Captive, and I wanted to dive right in to book two without forgetting any major details. As for Now I Rise, I finished And I Darken earlier this month and LOVED IT! I couldn’t wait to buy my own copy of Now I Rise in July (because my book budget balance was too low to get it in June), so I just borrowed it from the library. Expect to see purchased copies of Now I Rise and Bright We Burn in a future book haul.

What books have you bought/received lately?

7 comments:

  1. Wow those are really amazing books!!! Also the blob feeling is totally understandable it feels like being submerged into a laziness funk :D but I'm sure you'll pull through!!! Hope you enjoy your books :D!
    Kariny @Kariny's Book Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of your red and white stack. Hope next week finds you out of the slumps. Happy reading and netflixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. I just want to work where you work!! ARCs of Carval AND Legendary in the recycle ARC box?! What the heck?! Lol!! They were incredibly lovely reads!! I hope you enjoy all your wonderful new acquisitions! ;)

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about Vicious. I really need to check out Caraval and Legendary. I've heard they're awesome.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get out of your slump soon. Glad that you are seeing The Incredibles 2! I really want to watch that movie soon! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope things start looking up. That's awful about the bed bugs. Make sure none followed you home - that would be horrible. Lots of good looking books so it looks like you'll have some great choices this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best dental bonding houston, then visit Richmond Dental PLLC. I appreciate the work you have put into this.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!