Saturday, June 16, 2018

Stacking the Shelves: The Take It, TAKE IT Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week wasn’t anything special in terms of exciting life events. The only thing I can think of that even sounds remotely exciting is that I started writing another book this week. We’ll see if I finish this one… I totally scrapped the last WIP I started. Oops.

Love Scene, Take Two by Alex Evansley
Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller (ARC)
The Game Can’t Love You Back by Karole Cozzo

All three of these books were liberated from my work’s Take Shelves. The two contemporaries sound cute. Even though I’m not reading a lot of contemporary anymore, I grabbed them. I’m weak. What can I say?

As for Daughter of the Siren Queen, I haven’t read the first book, nor do I own it, but this ARC has been sitting on the Take Shelves for sooooo long. I told myself it was still there this week, I’d take it. And take I did.

Running With Lions by Julian Winters

Oh, and I almost forgot. I also got a ebook of Running With Lions on Kindle. It was cheap, and I thought, why not? That's basically been my motto all week.

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. Oh man! I need to work where you work! Lol!! I'd be at the take it shelves every day probably! Lol! I really enjoyed Daughter of the Siren Queen! Though I highly advise reading Daughter of the Pirate King first! It's definitely a numerical duology if that makes sense! Lol! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely read the first book before diving into DotSQ. :)

      Delete
  2. A "Take Shelf", that's neat! I wish my job had that sort of things... too bad I don't work with books though. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new additions!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Shell. =)

    Check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like your books! Free and cheap books are the best.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing Running with Lions around the blogs quite a lot. But I haven't read it, or any of these :)
    Have a nice week!

    Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! You got Daughter of the Siren Queen! I really need to pick up this series soon!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll start reading the first book sometime this year. Maybe...?

      Delete
  6. Love Scene, Take Two sounds great. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!