Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Temporarily Working Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

This week actually proved to be a very nice haul period. While a majority of them aren’t books I get to keep, they’re still going to be good reads.

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
Long Way Home by Katie McGarry
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
Morning Star by Pierce Brown

All but one of these books are library copies. I put the library books on hold, not expecting Tower of Dawn to get to me so quickly, since I only put them on hold about two weeks ago. Yet, somehow, it showed up. As for Morning Star, I had that thing put on hold last week after I was three-fourths of the way through Golden Son. My review of Golden Son has been posted, and I'm currently reading book three.

Lady Midnight was a gift from my roommate. It’s the international edition that she picked up from work. (She works at Simon & Schuster. Lucky duck.

Okay, so there’s one more amazing book I need to show you, but it involves a little backstory first.

I think a lot of people who follow my blog already know that I recently moved to NYC to pursue a career in book publishing. Well, I don't have a full-time, permanent job, but I am temping at a publishing house. I’ll let you guess which based on this pic:


Still don’t know?


How about now?

Yep, that’s right. I’m temping for three weeks at Scholastic! And. AND, they gave me this:

It’s the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! AHHHHHHH!!!!

One of my co-workers gave it to me. She said she couldn’t ship it out because it had a small tear on the dustjacket. Normally, I would care about such things, but those illustrated editions are expensive, so that tear will be quite alright until I can get my hands on some good glue.

What books have you bought/received lately?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your temping assignment at Scholastic! That's great! I really need to read Golden Son since I liked Red Rising. Have a fabulous week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me almost a year to finally read Golden Son, so I definitely understand. And thanks! XD

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your temping position. Great experience and I hope it turns into something full time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow such great books. I have either read or want to read all of them lol. I need to read the Red Rising series but just finished Tower of Dawn the other day and yeah wow. My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little iffy on ToD. I love Chaol, and SJM has murdered his character. I don't know if I can take my poor little Chaol being treated any worse than he has been. *sigh*

      Delete
  4. OOoh congrats on the job! I would love to work with a publisher as well! Dream job! Though I don't think I could ever live in the city! Sooo not able to be a city liver! LOL!

    Nice new read too! So awesome that was the welcome gift!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, city living does have its downsides, but the potential job perks are good. :)

      Delete
  5. What a great opportunity! I wish you the best in your job search and have fun in your internship. Your welcome gift is so awesome! I wouldn't mind a little tear in the cover under those circumstances either. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was less a welcome gift, though, and more of a thanks-for-the-hard-work gift. :)

      Delete
  6. That is awesome! I hope your temp position turns into a permanent one very soon. Looks like the library is pretty quick where you are living and woo hoo on the illustrated Harry Potter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently missing Golden Son, but already have Morning Star :D (doesn't make sense, I know...) I hope my copy will arrive soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!