Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Inside & Out Book Tag

My second tag post in two weeks. Can you tell I’m running out of post ideas?

This particular tag is called the Inside & Out tag, and it was created by MathomBooks. I originally found it on A Backpack Full of Adventures.

Well, here goes…

I Inside flap/back of the book summaries: Too much info or not enough?

Inside flap is generally too much. I tend to skim it, but the back is never enough. I guess I need a balance between the two.

N New book: What form do you want it in? Audiobook, ebook, paperback, or hardcover?

HARDCOVER. Don’t get me wrong, I like my paperbacks and ebooks as much as the next person, but hardcover is so much easier to keep safe.


S Scribble while you read? Do you like to write, take notes, or make comments in your books? Or do you keep your books clean? (Tell us why)

I don’t take notes in books unless it’s a textbook. I keep my books very clean. Even the dustjackets must be spotless.
I In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.

Since this is a blog, and not a vlog, I’ll just share it with you in text form. Also, I don’t really know my favorite first sentence from a book. The only quote I can really remember loving at this moment is from Victoria Aveyard’s King’s Cage, and it’s kind of SPOILERY, so skip this answer if you haven’t read the series yet.

I love your brother, Maven. You were right. You are only a shadow, and who looks at shadows when they have flame? Who would ever choose a monster over a god? – Victoria Aveyard, King’s Cage

D Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?

This depends. If I’m looking for a romance-heavy book, I’m probably going to go with a female author. I want descriptions of cute boys. However, if I want fantasy, action, sci-fi, etc., the gender of the author doesn’t matter.


E Ever read ahead or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?

I don’t read ahead. I used to skim-read back in high school when a book was boring me, though. Now, I do take a peek at the last page, but most of the time it’s to check how many pages there are in the book. Sometimes, this leads to spoilers.

&

O Organized bookshelves or outrageous bookshelves?

I like my shelves to be organized, but right now, I’m living in a new apartment with no bookshelves. My books are not in a good place right now. The ones I left at my parents’ house, however, are semi-organized and arranged how I want them. I still need three or more empty bookcases to really organize them all how I want.

U Under oath: Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone?

Nope. I may think it’s pretty, but I won’t buy a book unless the inside is somewhat interesting to me.

T Take it outside to read or stay in?

STAY IN. I can’t read outside. I’ve tried. I prefer laying in my bed or on a couch by myself with no distractions around.

**

Alright, there you have it. Those are my answers to the Inside & Out tag.

What are some of your answers to these questions?

2 comments:

  1. Fun tag! I do like to read outside but I don't get the chance to do it often. I had fun reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outside reading. *shudders* I'm glad other people can do it, but I just can't... :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!