Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson

 "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Into the Bright Unknown
(The Gold Seer Trilogy #3)
Publication Date: October 10, 2017
Hardcover, 432 pages, Greenwillow Books
Genres: YA, Historical Fiction

The stunning conclusion to Rae Carson’s New York Times–bestselling Gold Seer trilogy, which Publishers Weekly in a starred review called “Simply terrific.” A historical fantasy brimming with magic, romance, and adventure—perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo, Sarah Maas, and Westworld.

Leah Westfall, her fiancé Jefferson, and her friends have become rich in the California Territory, thanks to Lee’s magical ability to sense precious gold. But their fortune has made them a target, and when a dangerous billionaire sets out to destroy them, Lee and her friends decide they’ve had enough—they will fight back with all their power and talents. Lee’s magic is continuing to strengthen and grow, but someone is on to her—someone who might have a bit of magic herself. The stakes are higher than ever as Lee and her friends hatch a daring scheme that could alter the California landscape forever. With a distinctive young heroine and a unique interpretation of American history, Into the Bright Unknown strikes a rich vein of romance, magic, and adventure, bringing the Gold Seer Trilogy to its epic conclusion.

My Thoughts

I haven’t started this series yet, but I really enjoyed Rae’s Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy. I know that this trilogy isn’t exactly like her other fantasy series, but the writing style has to be similar because of the author, right? However, I’m not sure how I feel about the historical setting, as I’m not much of a historical reader unless it’s romance. We’ll see, though.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read this author before but this cover is gorgeous. I do like the sound of the story and hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sounds of this, so I need to check into the first two books of the series now. Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read the others too. *sigh* I need more time to read!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the first two books in this series, but this looks interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you haven't started this series? I adored Carson's Fire & Thorns series, but this series hasn't impressed me so far. It's good but not great (for me), you know? Still, I am looking forward to read this final novel. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Shell. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad to hear it's not as good as Fire & Thorns. I was hoping it would be. I guess I'll try book one and go from there. :(

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!