Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My Life in Books Tag

Okay, so I’m going to do a post I don’t do very often—a tag post! This tag is called the “My Life in Books Tag.”

I wasn’t actually tagged by anyone, but I needed a post for today, so… I found it on Dreamland Books’s blog. I’m not sure who created the tag, but here it is.

Oh, and I’m assuming all of these answers should be from books on my shelves. Thus, these are books I own.

1. Find a book for each of your initials.

My initials are RLH.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Legend by Marie Lu
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

2. Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?


Defiance by C.J. Redwine is #24. It's behind the Alcatraz teddy bear. 

I used my favorite bookshelf for this, since I have five separate ones. Also, I think I’ve rearranged my books since I last took this picture, but I don’t have access to my shelves right now. This will have to do.

3. Pick a book set in your city/country.

Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross is actually set in my home state. It’s set in Kansas City, MO. The book is all about the Kansas City Royals baseball team.

There are a ton of books set in New York, which is where I currently live. I guess I’ll go with City of Bones by Cassandra Clare for that one.

4. Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to.


Does Hogwarts count? If so, I’m going with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for both Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. I would also really love to visit the new Hogsmeade park at Universal Orlando. I’ve been there, but it was before the Hogsmeade addition was built. *sigh*

5. Pick a book that’s your favorite color.


Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins is a beautiful purple color. I adore these covers. Each one is so gorgeous, and the spines are fantastic. You can kind of see them in the photo towards the left.

 

6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I read the books a few years before the movie came out, and I reread and reread The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian over and over again. I loved those books in sixth through eighth grade. I also made my family watch the movies with me. I’d rewatch those all the time to the point where I could quote Every. Single. Line.

7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

It was hard to think of an answer to this one. I’m also not sure what the question is asking. Does it mean emotionally or just how long it took me to get through it? I guess I’ll go with a recent read that took me a while to get through and wasn’t as good as I was hoping it would be: Lifeblood by Gena Showalter.

8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?


A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I really want to read this entire series, since I LOVE the TV show soooo freakin’ much. However, I got distracted by grad school when I first started it and it’s been a few months since, so I’ll have to reread everything anyway.

***
I’m not going to tag anyone, because I don’t know who has done it and who hasn’t. If you’d like to do the tag, I guess just go for it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Fun tag! I have been wanting to read Game of Thrones for years but never seem to find the time to work it in. Someday. I enjoyed all of your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I think I'll be hoping to read GoT until the day I die. Or until the show is over and I need more Westeros/Jon Snow in my life. ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!