Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Runebinder by Alex R. Kahler


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

Runebinder
(The Runebinder Chronicles #1)
Publication Date: November 14, 2017
Hardcover, 400 pages, Harlequin Teen
Genres: YA, Fantasy

Magic is risen.

When magic returned to the world, it could have saved humanity, but greed and thirst for power caused mankind's downfall instead. Now once-human monsters called Howls prowl abandoned streets, their hunger guided by corrupt necromancers and the all-powerful Kin. Only Hunters have the power to fight back in the unending war, using the same magic that ended civilization in the first place.

But they are losing.

Tenn is a Hunter, resigned to fight even though hope is nearly lost. When he is singled out by a seductive Kin named Tomás and the enigmatic Hunter Jarrett, Tenn realizes he's become a pawn in a bigger game. One that could turn the tides of war. But if his mutinous magic and wayward heart get in the way, his power might not be used in favor of mankind.

If Tenn fails to play his part, it could cost him his friends, his life…and the entire world.

My Thoughts

I just recently heard of this book, and I don’t know why it wasn’t on my radar before. It’s an LGBT fantasy that sounds awesome! Also, that cover is very pretty. I’m keeping my eye on this one.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. That's a new to me one! Cover reminds me of something else I saw! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, it looks a lot like the series Macmillan publishes. I can't remember the name of all of them, but one of the books is titled The Summoner and the other The Incquisition. I think...

      Delete
  2. This does sound really good! I'm not sure how I missed it either. I hope you love it once you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!