Saturday, September 16, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The Jodi Meadows Launch Event Edition

 
 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I did a thing this week. A good/bad thing. I went to a book signing/launch event for Jodi Meadows’s new release. However, it wasn’t just Jodi Meadows who was there. C.J. Redwine (the amazing goddess) and Erin Summerill were there too. That obviously meant I had to buy their books in addition to Before She Ignites, right?

I’m never going to have any money. *sigh*

Oh, and I’ll have a recap of the launch event on the blog tomorrow, so stay tuned! You can read all about how traumatizing it was to have left all my C.J. Redwine and Jodi Meadows’s books at my parents’ house.

The Wish Granter by C.J. Redwine
Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows

The next book was a random find. One of my Brooklyn neighbors had set out a bunch of books for grabs on the building’s fence. Most of the titles left were not to my particular tastes, but the one I grabbed sounded good. I still don’t know a lot about it.

Keep Her Safe by Sophie Hannah (ARC)

All in all, it was a pretty good book week. I spent too much money, though. 

What books have you bought/received lately?

18 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of great things about The Wish Granter. Hope you'll enjoy all of your newbies! :))

    Here's my Stacking The Shelves.

    xx Yasmine @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! Yay for a book event! And a launch on top of it! It's on my bucket list to attend a book launch party! I've been lucky to go to several signings...but never a book launch party! Sadly those don't really happen in my city and I never have the time to travel midweek or whatnot to clear across the states to attend, but one day I will! Hopefully. Lol.

    Nice new reads! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really a party. It seemed like any other signing event, unless I missed something, which could be the case.

      I know what you mean about traveling across states. Missouri isn't exactly book-signing central. Although, there seem to be some cool events happening in that area this fall. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm hearing some buzz about Keep Her Safe. I also have a copy of The Wish Granter I need to make time for. I loved the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I didn't know there was Keep Her Safe buzz. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that.

      Delete
  4. You really had no choice. You had to buy books by all of them. It would have been rude otherwise. And besides, you need those books, right? Just my opinion. :-) They all look good. I haven't read anything by any of them, but hopefully one of these days. I am really looking forward to Hannah's book. It sounds like it will be good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. It definitely would have been rude. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  5. Yay! It was great that you got to meet your favorite authors! I hope you enjoy their books!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you get to go to the book event. It seems to me you had an awesome time. I hope you enjoy all these new books. Happy reading and have a wonderful week.😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I'm excited to read the new additions to my TBR. :)

      Delete
  7. Your good/bad thing sounds more good/terribly-awesome to me :D congratulations! The event sounds really cool. Have a great time reading those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. It was bad simply because I spent money. Otherwise, the event was great.

      Delete
  8. I loved Ever the Hunted and The Wish Granter! I can't wait to read The Traitor Prince and Ever the Brave - in the latter's case, I have an ARC. Must read soon. D: I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Shell. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm totally jealous of your ARC of Ever the Brave. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. Book signings tend to drain the money pretty quickly but at least you have some pretty books to admire. Keep Her Safe looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!