Thursday, December 11, 2014

Female Characters I Want to Be Like

There are some really awesome female characters out there these days. They’re not only in books, but movies and television too. I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorites and a few quick thoughts on why I want to be like them.

These are in no particular order.

     Hermione Granger from Harry Potter


She knows everything. And while I’d like to think that I’m pretty smart, I would love to have Ms. Granger’s brains. Plus, she’s a witch. How cool would that be?

      Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games


I’m not a fan of how Katniss deals with her emotions. She can get annoying in that regard. BUT, she doesn’t let anyone tell her what to do, despite being in a horrible situation. That’s what I want to have, the courage to tell people no and to stand up for what’s right.

      Hayley Marshall and Rebekah Mikaelson from The Originals 

Hayley has had a rough time of things. She was pregnant with Klaus’s child and had all kinds of things happening to her, but in this current season, she’s not letting any of that stand in her way. I won't get into any more for fear of spoilage.

Rebekah is awesome in this show and The Vampire Diaries. Sure, she’s not the nicest vampire around, but she is not afraid to keep fighting for what she wants. She doesn’t always care who gets in her way, either. And I can respect that, to an extent.

    Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones


What a freakin’ bada$$. She definitely didn’t start out that way, but she totally got there. She has taken control and led her people, and while she doesn’t always make the wisest decisions, she owns her mistakes. She’s just so fierce.

     Felicity Smoak from Arrow


I love Felicity. She’s, at times, the only reason I really watch this show. She may not have cool supernatural powers like some of the other women on this list, but she can pretty much kick everyone’s butts in her own way—through technology. Without her, the Arrow is nothing.

***

I'm sure I'm missing one hundred others, so tell me, do you agree with my choices? Are there others you would add to the list? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!