Saturday, January 29, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Out with the Old Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's still January. Yeesh. Only a few more days left, though. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it. Work is going to suck, but February is one step closer to warmer weather. Which I desperately need right now. But, I digress, it's time to talk about books.

I went to my local used bookstore to get rid of a bunch of books. They ended up taking 23 out of 26 for trade credit. Woohoo! With my trade credit, I was able to get three Jennifer L. Armentrout books I didn't have physical copies of: Half-Blood, Apollyon, and Fall With Me. Fall With Me isn't in the greatest condition (a cracked spine and the remnants of a Walmart sticker on the cover), but it'll do for now. I'll get a newer version one day. But I've been wanting to buy the new covers of JLA's Covenant series for quite a while now. I'm glad I waited, since I got all three of these for only $9.

Up next, I have an order I made from A Touch of Magic Designs. I needed the Serpent & Dove bakery pin, so I went ahead and made a large-ish order. I also got the Throne of Glass bakery pin and two Plated Prisoner prints. And then ATOMD gave me a free Feysand print. I will be selling it. I'm not a Feysand fan. As for the pins, I wasn't sure that I'd like them, especially as I'm not super into some of the fandoms that have been represented lately, but these things are so cute and small. I kind of want to collect all of them now!

Last, I have the long-awaited Munro by Kresley Cole. I picked this up via Kindle, so e-copy for me. I don't know when I'll get to this, but I'm hoping to start it in February between my re-read of FBAA and reading the second book in the Crescent City series. I'm sweating just thinking about reading all four of those chunky fantasy romance books. At least I know Munro will be a quick read. Kresley's books usually are.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! I wish I had a used bookstore that took in books and gave you store credit for more books! I mean, I do sell some to Half Price Books and I can in turn just buy some while I wait. Lol. I'm accumulating a pile to take up there probably next month. I've debated about getting the new Covenant covers but still haven't bought any. I have my original ones in ARC format and I'm content with that for now. I wasn't overly wowed with the new look they took.

    Nice artwork and pins! I admit I really like ATOMAD bakery pins too! I've pretty much committed myself to buying them all, I even bought the cute little banner. Honestly it was the one before Serpent & Dove that wasn't one from a fandom I enjoyed, TOG. But it was still pretty so I figured why not. Can't wait to see what they have planned. The Caraval one is my favorite so far of course! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads too! I'm not so patiently waiting for Kresley's From the Grave that should (I think) conclude the Arcana Chronicles, a series I've loved since the beginning! That I think is supposed to be her next release after the long awaited Munro.

    Happy Reading!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the most recent Arcana book because I was waiting on From the Grave to finally release! I plan on doing a whole series re-read before the last book comes out to catch up. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!