Saturday, January 1, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Christmas Explosion Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe we've made it through two years of this nonsense. Hopefully, 2022 will be better. And to start it off, I have a bang of a Stacking the Shelves for you. What's bad is I didn't even wait a long time to post everything, which is the normal reason my StS's are so long. I just got a ton of stuff in the past week.

Let's go ahead and start off with the actual Christmas haul. I only got three books for Christmas, all from the 'rents. Two of which I have already read, so yay me! Now, I own Wolfsong, Ravensong, and the fourth book, Brothersong by TJ Klune in paperback. All I need is the third book to complete my set. My mom also got me Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. I was surprised by this one. It has a snake on it, and my mom doesn't like snakes. It must've been on sale for her to actually purchase it. Oh, and my little sister got me a book called The Little Bird by J.M. Barrie. You'll see it later, as I forgot to photograph it here.

Now, for some non-bookish items. This was the rest of my Christmas haul, minus a rolling desk table and a camping chair to go on my patio. Again, I forgot to take pictures of them. Most of the items are household stuff like a toaster, plastic drawers, towels, and weights. All from my parents. They also got me Baby Yoda socks and Pirates of the Caribbean #5 on DVD. My older sister and brother-in-law got me a Blu-Ray player, a dragon statue, a mini Dundie award, and a small baby dragons figurine. My younger sister got me a Fitbit scale. And my dad got me a tiara from Claire's. It's a whole running joke from The Big Bang Theory now, since I said that was probably how I'd react if someone got one for me. But I can't believe he picked a tiara out at Claire's. Lol.

I thought I'd already shared this one on a previous haul post, but I couldn't find it, so here it is. I received a NetGalley e-ARC of The City of Dusk by Tara Sim. The book releases in March, so I need to get on it and read it in January/February. I haven't reviewed a book in a while, which means I need ample time to think over my thoughts and write them down.

Up next, we have the December FairyLoot box. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this one. Not because of a majority of the items, but because the book, Year of the Reaper, is actually pretty and it's one I'm fairly interested in reading. I'm also excited about the Red Rising tarot cards, though I don't know why they chose to depict those two characters. Also, I do enjoy the Hades and Persephone bookmarks, FL's new collectible item, but I just don't need dozens of Greek mythology bookmarks. As for the patch, extra book, and booksleeve, those are worthless. I can't wait for FL to do a book-only option. I am beyond ready for it.

Here are some books that just happened to show up this week. My FairyLoot orders of Vespertine and The Gilded Cage came in. Vespertine was damaged, so I'm waiting on my replacement copy. The Wolf by J.R. Ward was a complete surprise. It showed up at my parents' house and was sent by the publisher. I haven't even read the first book yet. Guess I'll have to add that to my TBR. And up top you can see a bit of the Barrie book my sister bought for me.

Because I didn't get any Funko Pops for Christmas, I decided to make my own Pop order. Imhotep from The Mummy was the first one to arrive. I'd actually ordered these from Amazon and was hoping they wouldn't ship until January, as I've already spent too much money this month. Oh well. The last Bxromance FBAA art print I needed came in from A Court of Candles too. And my pre-order incentive swag from Dana Swift for Bound by Firelight arrived super early. I don't even have my book yet.

And last, but certainly not least, we have the major contributor to my financial woes this month: Barnes & Noble's 50% off hardcover sale. I didn't think I'd make it in time for this sale, as I was visiting my parents for the first couple of days after Christmas, but the sale continued through Wednesday, so I was able to pick up some books. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop myself from getting things I really didn't need at the moment, like sequels of books I haven't read yet. But overall, it wasn't too bad. I got The House of Always, The Queen Will Betray You, We Free the Stars, Jade Legacy, Vespertine, and A Psalm of Storms and Silence all for only $72. So not terrible, just not good self-control either.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did good this year! A lot of nice presents and books! That 50% off sale was awesome! Though I do tend to preorder most of my books, there wasn't a whole lot I needed. I had some titles I needed but they were 2 years old or older, a few were only a year old but B&N didn't have them in store. So I ended up buying 4 books, two of which are also sequels to series I need to start! Whoops! Lol!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's my problem too. A lot of the books I really wanted in hardcover were already out in paperback. 🥴

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!