Tuesday, January 18, 2022

My 2022 Reading Goals

I'm so ready to read some good books in 2022! 2021's reading year was a little meh quality-wise. Quantity-wise was fine, but I only had two 4.5-star reads, so the goal is to get more fantastic books in my reading life.
 
In 2021, I had my reading goal set to 30 books. I ended up reaching that goal fairly quickly. I believe during the middle of the year. I didn't change my goal because 1) I didn't want too much pressure on myself during a year of moving, finding a new job, etc., and 2) I think I'm over setting my goal to higher numbers. Even with that lower goal, I ended up reading 66 books. For 2022, I've already set my Goodreads goal at 30 again. I know I can do it, since I have a steady life/schedule now.


My Goodreads 2022 Reading Challenge being set at 30 allows me the opportunity to chillax and just read for fun. But like the past two years, I have some additional goals. Sadly, I only accomplished two of six goals for 2021, so the goal for 2022's goals is to actually do them. Haha.


Here are my smaller personal reading goals for the year:

#1. Read 15 books I already owned physical copies of prior to 2020. This was actually a goal I had last year that I failed, so I revamped it a little. From 20 to 15 books, as I only read 10 pre-2020 releases in 2021. I still have a very large TBR backlist with roughly 200 physical books on my TBR shelves. I'd like to drastically cut this down, but I'm starting small with 15.

#2. Read at least 10 books bought in 2020 and 15 books bought in 2021. With goal one and goal two, I'm already up to 35 books, so we'll see if I accomplish this one. I hope so, as I bought 91 books in 2020 and 89 in 2021. I only read around 80 of them altogether, and this includes duplicates. I don't want my TBR to get further out of control, so I would like to bridge that gap. Oh, and this includes catching up on the 2020 and 2021 FairyLoot books I've received in my subscription box.

#3. Read A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. I finished the first two A Song of Ice and Fire books over the past two years. Originally, I started trying to read the ASOIAF books again after the final season of GoT disappointed me. I'd like to finish ASOS before the end of 2022, and it'll probably take me an entire year to read this sequel, as I read a chapter at a time. I'm hoping by the time I finish the entire series, and maybe some spinoffs, The Winds of Winter will be out.

#3. Read more new adult and adult books. I'd prefer roughly half of the books I read in 2022 to be new adult or adult. I had this goal last year, and it didn't happen since I'm attempting to also read my backlist, which is mostly YA fiction. Some adult books I'd like to get to include The Poppy War, Jade City, Nevernight, The Ruin of Kings, The Wheel of Time series (at least book one), and Malice by John Gwynne.

#4. This isn't a reading goal, necessarily, but I'd like to purchase fewer than 66 books in 2022. (Again, a similar goal to 2021.) Because I only read 66 books last year and I bought 89, I need to cut down on my purchasing. Therefore, I can only buy 66 books. I already know that 22 will be FairyLoot books, so that brings the total down to 44 books. I also have to unhaul 23 books (89 purchased books minus 66 books read) since I didn't read as much as I bought in 2021. I'd like to spend less than $1,000 on books in 2022. I'm crossing my fingers no expensive special edition sets pop up.

#5. And one of my major goals is to read all of the books I owned prior to when I moved to NYC in 2017. I've had some of these books, pictured above, for 5+ years, and that's just not cool. If I don't read them before the end of 2022, they go bye-bye. This goal will also help me with Goal #1. Title options include The Immortal Rules, An Ember in the Ashes, Legacy of Kings, The Last Namsara, Blood Red Road, The Young Elites, Eon, Miss Mayhem, and more. I hope I can do it.

***

Well, those are my 2022 reading goals. What are your reading goals for the year? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!