Thursday, January 13, 2022

Most Anticipated 2022 Releases By New-to-Me Authors

There are quite a few 2022 book releases I'm looking forward to, and my top 10 changes each day based on what genre I'm in the mood to read. But I also noticed a lot of my most anticipated books were by authors I've read before, so I wanted to highlight some of the titles I'm anticipating that aren't by authors I've picked up previously.

For your reading pleasure, here's my ten most anticipated books of 2022, all by new-to-me authors. Some of these I'm seriously hoping are my favorite books of the year. Oh, also, these are mostly just the titles with covers and official release dates. Who knows what intriguing books will release towards the end of the year...? Publishers can be sneaky sometimes.

***


Her Majesty's Royal Coven by Juno Dawson

Witches hired by one of England's queens? I am intrigued.


Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan

While I don't fully understand the synopsis for this one, I've heard fantastic things.



A Little Bit Country by Brian D. Kennedy

The only contemporary book on this list. While I don't really care for country music, this book intrigues me. A boy who wants to become the biggest gay country superstar and a boy working at an amusement park set to fall for each other. Sounds very cute.


The Justice of Kings by Richard Swan

I'm solely excited about this one because of all the buzz it's getting. Normally, I wouldn't be so excited for what seems to be a very dense fantasy story with little, if no, romance. But I am intrigued. Plus, the cover is pretty.


A Taste of Gold and Iron by Alexandra Rowland

You'll notice a theme in this list. Lots of gay fantasies. I'm getting a little bored of the m/f fantasy romance. I want a variety of relationships. And this one seems like it will live up to that. Yay for gay fantasy stories! Please, publishers, release more!


The Atlast Six by Olivie Blake

I don't know much about this book other than that it's about six magic users, one of which will die, and it's been compared to the Magicians series. Oh, and it was indie published originally, but, it got picked up by Tor. I'll be waiting for the well-edited version to release before I dive in. ;)



The City of Dusk by Tara Sim

I know very little about this one except it's fantasy with multiple POVs and some queer characters. That sounds like enough to read it, right?


A Strange & Stubborn Endurance by Foz Meadows

Fantasy romance? Fantasy romance with an arranged marriage? Fantasy romance with an arranged marriage between two gay protagonists? Yes please! I need it.


The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah

This one is giving me Daevabad vibes. I need it. I love a good desert fantasy.



Silk Fire by Zabe Ellor

For some reason, Silk Fire's been really calling to me lately. All that I really know about it is there's a polyamorous relationship and magic. And that's all I want to know.

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated 2022 books by new-to-me authors. What 2022 books are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!