Saturday, January 8, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Double Pop Edition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, we've made it one full week into January. And it's been cold and snowy. Ick. But the weather does give me an excuse to be lazy and stay bundled up indoors. I will say that this past week has been pretty bad in general. My downstairs apartment neighbor has some sort of alarm that goes off from 1-4 a.m. every morning. It's driving me crazy. If it's not fixed soon, I might have to commit a crime. Lol.

As for books this week, I got two. Only one was physical. My FairyLoot copy of Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco came in. I'm still upset FairyLoot decided to do the same color as book one for book two's design. It's stupid. Especially when the light blue color of the regular UK hardcover is so pretty. I also had one of my December FBAA art orders arrive. It's Casteel, and it's waaay too big. I might not keep it. We shall see. And then the last two of my three Funko Pop orders came in: Robb Stark and Evelyn from The Mummy.

I received an e-ARC of Rise of the Mages by Scott Drakeford from the publisher via NetGalley. Lucky for me, this one is being released at the end of January, so I can totally get it read and reviewed by then, right? Why do I do this to myself...? Let's hope I get some major motivation towards the end of the month, otherwise, this won't be reviewed until February/March. *sigh*

What books have you bought/received lately?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was a tad upset that FL decided not to do different colors for the books like the publishers did. One monotone color seems drab, but I'll totally be buying the third book when they have it on sale because that's just how I am. Lol.

    That's a new to me read for your NG book. I hope you enjoy it and you can so totally get it done in time if you want to! I just received a 2/1/21 book to review this week. Luckily I was able to finish my current read faster than I thought I would and I got myself 100 pages into this new one already.

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annnnd I just realized I wrote 2/1/21, when it's 2/1/22. Takes me until this date to get the year right! Lol!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I'll still buy the KOTW FL editions because of the naked book and edges, but it's gonna look so monochrome on the shelf. *sigh*

      I think I can at least get some of the NG done before it's release, but I don't think all of it will be done by then. Boo...

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!