Monday, January 3, 2022

December Wrap-Up & January TBR

It's officially 2022, and I don't know what to do with myself! Well... that's a lie. I'm going to read and buy a ton of books and then complain about being broke. Haha. Any major plans for you in this new year? To officially send off 2021, I need to do my December wrap-up, though, and, soon, I'll be posting my 2021 wrap-up. Wow. Can't believe it's over already.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in December

Glint: 4 stars
Gleam: 4 stars
Shadow's Seduction: re-read (ebook, not pictured)

These Hollow Vows: 4 stars 
Caraval: 3 stars
Blood & Honey: 4.5 stars
Gods & Monsters: 4 stars
Abaddon's Gate: 3.5 stars (ebook, not pictured)

I read eight books in December. Two were ebooks: Abaddon's Gate, a library copy, and Shadow's Seduction, which was a re-read. Glint and Gleam were November/December's book club picks along with the first book in Raven Kennedy's Plated Prisoner series. These Hollow Vows, Caraval, Blood & Honey, and Gods & Monsters were the other physical books I read. Unfortunately, only one of the books I read this month were owned pre-2021, and that was Caraval. However, three were FairyLoot editions, which I've been having a lot of issues making myself pick up for whatever reason. So it's nice I finally got to some.

Books Bought/Received in December

I honestly don't know where to begin with this giant mess of a haul. I guess we'll start with all the books I bought. In total, I bought seven books in December, six of which were physical books and one was an ebook. The physical books include a B&N sale order of A Psalm of Storms and Silence, Vespertine, Jade Legacy, We Free the Stars, The Queen Will Betray You, and The House of Always. I bought Of Heart and Wings by Debbie McQueen on Kindle as well.

I also received 13 books in December, four of which were preordered books that came in and nine (seven physical, two ebooks) of which were just books I received in general. The preorders were Vespertine and The Gilded Cage, both FairyLoot editions, and The Coldest Touch and Year of the Reaper, which came in the December FairyLoot box, which I'd already paid for back in August. I received Ex Hex and For the Wolf during my Christmas book club exchange, and Wolfsong, Ravensong, Ninth House, and The Little Bird were all gifts from my parents and sister. J.R. Ward's The Wolf was randomly sent to me by the publisher. Oh, and an e-ARC of Tara Sim's The City of Dusk was sent to me as well. I also realized I never put Zodiac Academy in any of my haul posts. Huh. Well, I got a copy for free on Prime Reading.

Currently Obsessed With

Lots to talk about TV-wise this month. I don't think early 2022 will have as many good streaming shows as late 2021, but I'll have to find some way to pass the time.

The Witcher season two came out mid-December, so I binged that in one weekend. Now for the long wait for season three. *sigh* I wasn't as enthusiastic about this season compared with the previous season, but it was still a good time for the most part. I also finished up season one of The Wheel of Time. While the last episode was very rushed and underwhelming, I am totally ready for season two. I might end up reading the first book in Jordan's series to tide me over. We shall see... I'm also still watching The Expanse season six and I finished the last episode of Hawkeye. Other than those major shows, I'm continuing my re-watch of the animated X-Men cartoon. Mostly for background noise.

January TBR

For the first month of 2022, I have a few books I'd like to read. First up is For the Wolf by Hannah Whitten, as it's my book club pick. I'd also like to finish the Caraval series and begin my annual re-read of the FBAA books in preparation for book four's release. I also need to read Tara Sim's The City of Dusk, as it's a NetGalley ARC I have to review. And last, but certainly not least, I have to begin my year-long journey of reading one book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. 2022's installment is A Storm of Swords, book three in the series. Hopefully, by the time I am finished with all five books (and maybe a few spinoffs), book six will be out. 😬

***

Okay, well, that's the month of December, plus some January sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!