Monday, June 13, 2016

Top 5 Books of 2016 (So Far...)

As we’re probably all begrudgingly aware, we’re now halfway through 2016. Where in the world is all of the time going? If you know, please tell me.

Some of this time has gone towards reading books. Not as much time as I’d like though. I’ve only read 28 books so far this year, and some of those are novellas and comic books, so they don’t really count.

Out of those 28 books, I have a few favorites. Actually, I have five.

Check out my top five books of 2016 (so far):


#5 Read of 2016

Ruined by Amy Tintera

I had this book on my list of 2016-releases coming out, but I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did. I’ll have a review up soon, but just know that it was good. Very good. There were a few problems in the beginning, but the end redeemed the entire book. I can’t wait for the sequel.


#4 Read of 2016

Draw the Line by Laurent Linn

Draw the Line was a complete surprise. I had no idea this book was even coming out, but I’m glad I randomly decided to pick it up. It was cute and fun, but it still had a serious tone to it. I’m excited to see what else this author comes out with.

Check out my review here.


#3 Read of 2016

The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

Gawd, this book! I did not want any of it to end. I wanted to read so much more about how Arin and Kestrel’s journey ended. Hopefully, there’s a side character spin-off in Rutkoski’s head somewhere. I know I’d read it in a heartbeat.

Check out my review here.


#2 Read of 2016

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Glass Sword was one of my most anticipated books of 2016. Red Queen was absolutely amazing! Glass Sword was really great too, it just wasn’t as great. I love Cal and Mare, but Mare kind of took a dark twist that I didn’t quite adore as much as book one’s storyline. Still, it’s a fabulous series so far.

Check out my review here.


#1 Read of 2016

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

Yes! This book! Yes! It’s pure awesome-sauce. While the Wrath and the Dawn was a dark, romantic story, this book is more magical and adventurous. I can’t believe Ahdieh managed to completely flip the tone of the duology, but still keep the lyrical wording and loveable characters. I really wish Ahdieh had a new book coming out.

Check out my review here.

***

There you have it. Those are my top five reads of the first part of 2016. We’ll see what the rest brings. And, who knows, maybe I’ll love something that isn’t fantasy for once? Haha.

What’s your top read of 2016 so far?

4 comments:

  1. This year is going by way too quick for my liking. How did it get to June so fast??? The heatwave is thankfully over and it's cold and wet today which is a bit of a relief! I haven't read any of the books but I'm glad you had fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a heatwave? Where? And you should definitely pick up at least one of the books. They're great. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these...I am such a loser :) Draw the Line has an amazing cover. I so want to pick up that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover for Draw the Line! It's so unique! XD

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!