Thursday, June 16, 2016

My Most Disappointing Books of 2016 So Far...

On Monday I shared my top five favorite reads of 2016 so far, so I thought I’d share my most disappointing reads of 2016 so far as well.

Now, I’m not saying these books are bad. I actually enjoyed two of them. I just didn’t enjoy them as much as I wanted to. Boo…

I guess I should be thankful that there were only three books I could think of whenever I went to make this list.

Well, here they are:


I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

I’d heard nothing but fantastic things about this book, so when I bought it on Book Outlet, I was expecting a novel of epic proportions. I thought there would be ridiculously heart-wrenching stories with an unbelievably romantic and touching LGBT plotline. I got some of that, but I also got some things I wasn’t too ecstatic about. However, I did give the book four out of five stars, so there’s that…

Check out my full review here.



The Beast by J.R. Ward

I LOVE Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series! She’s got everything I want in a paranormal romance multi-book series. There’s babies, gay characters (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Blay and Qhuinn), and sexy good times. I just felt that The Beast was a little too predictable, and it dragged on and on. There were parts of it I really enjoyed, but the parts that I didn’t enjoy made everything kind of “eh.”


The Crown by Kiera Cass

I went on a huge rant about this book in my review. I thought it was a waste. There just seemed to be no real point to the story, whereas in the first three books of the series, there was a plot. I don’t know what else to say except that I kind of wish I had stopped after The One.

Check out my full review here.

**

Okay, so there are my most disappointing reads of 2016 so far. I hope these are the only three I have for the entire year, but who knows…

What’s been your most disappointing read of this year so far? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse than the moment where that book you are sooo desperate to read turns out to be a bit meh! I read a lot of self published apocalypse books so I get a fair bit of meh in amongst the really good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read a lot of self-published books, but I found that I read a lot more "meh" or "ugh" books than good ones, so I only read the self-pub'd ones if I've heard really good things. I wish I could read more of them, though.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!