Monday, June 27, 2016

My Top 5 Favorite YA Contemporary Books

It’s summer time. Traditionally summer means reading contemporaries, and while that hasn’t exactly been the case for me so far this summer (it’s only been four a few days, though), I expect that in August, the contemporaries will all be read. Or at least some of them.

Because of this summery topics, I decided to list my top five favorite young adult contemporary reads. Now, not all of these are summery; they’re simply my overall faves.

Now, onto the Top 5!

***

Top 5 Favorite

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Okay, so I have to be honest; Elkeles’s books often have the cliché bad boy meets sweet girl-next-door storyline. However, I just don’t care. The Fuentes brothers are dangerous and fascinating, and I want one.

I still need to read Elkeles’s new releases, but I also enjoyed her Leaving Paradise duology as well.


Top 4 Favorite


Jenny Han has a track record of writing the most amazing and perfect first books in a duology and second books in the case of trilogies. I love the innocent and fluffy settings and the unique and quirky female narrators. Despite my love of her first books, her lasts books tend to leave me upset, but we’ll ignore those for now, shall we?

Top 3 Favorite

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

I had to put a Katie McGarry title on this list. McGarry is practically the queen of YA contemporary romance. I’ve enjoyed every McGarry book that I’ve read (which is actually all of them except one), and I can’t wait for the third Thunder Road book. Now, the reason I put this one on my list was because it was the first book of hers I read, and I cried so very much reading this book because of Noah. So. Very. Much.

Top 2 Favorite


I actually have a review up of this book here. I practically gushed over this standalone, and I’m ridiculously excited for Albertalli’s new contemporary release. As for this one, Simon is just such a fun character, and everything about it was adorkable in the most fantastic way.

Top 1 Favorite

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Here it is. This is the book that basically was written about my life, minus the adorable Levi and writing popular fanfiction. I was that awkward and scared college kid, so this book just spoke to me on so many levels.

***

Well, there you have it. Those are some of my favorite YA contemporaries. I’m sure I’ve forgotten about some, and I’m also 100% sure that I need to read more contemporary books in my life, but I think this is a good start.

What are some of your favorite contemporary reads? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!