Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pinterest Sunday: The TBR Jar

I have decided that Sundays will now be Pinterest days. What does that mean? It means every Sunday I’ll be sharing a bookish craft with you all that I found on Pinterest.

Obviously, none of these craft ideas were created by me, and I’ll give the creator the credit he or she deserves. I just want to share some cool and fun—and maybe even new—craft ideas with you. And maybe I’ll even scrounge up the willpower to actually do the craft one day. Who knows?

This particular craft is really all over the place. More than likely if you’re a book lover who follows any kind of book blogs, Booktubers, etc., then you’ve already heard of this particular craft. I’m just sharing it with you because I have yet to make one, and I really think I should.

This TBR jar image you see was taken by Veronica Serpa over at The More That You Learn.

I know, I know. How can any self-respecting book blogger not have a TBR jar already?! I just find the idea of forcing myself to read a book painful and icky. That’s kind of why I’ve stopped accepting review requests lately. (That and I am terribly behind on them. Ugh.)

I’m not sure what my TBR jar would look like, but think I would have to do the whole colored paper bit. It would be too boring to put regular slips of paper in it. I know there’d be over 100 book titles in the jar, so I would definitely have to get a pretty large container.

It would be kind of cool to have distinct colors for each genre of books. Like each fantasy title would be green and contemporary yellow. This would just help if I knew I wasn’t in the mood to read a certain genre.

One of these days I’ll actually get around to making one of these. It’ll be really fun, and even if I don’t actually use it, at least it will look cool on my shelves! XD

What do you guys think? Would you do this? Yay? Nay? Maybe? Or have you already made your own TBR jar? If so, you should show me a pic so I can steal ideas from you. ;)

Also, if you’d like to follow me on Pinterest, you can do so here. Or, if you just want to check out what bookish crafts I have saved so far, you can go here.

3 comments:

  1. I would never be able to stick with a book pulled from a jar like that. I am such a mood reader so I know this wouldn't work for me. My daughter did a version of this last year where she put a slip in every time she finished a book and at the end of the year she pulled them out to see which books still made her smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. It's kind of like the opposite of a TBR jar. :)

      Delete
  2. All the TBR jars I've seen have been so pretty! I have one myself, but I hardly pull any books from it. I think I more like the idea of keeping one and having a jar full of books. So far I have two different colours in mine; white and green. I have a list on my computer of unread books, and when it's been a while I reprint my list in a completely different colour. This way, the longer a book has been on the list the more slips it has, and in a new colour. And while it's not genre divided or anything it means I'll have no idea what kind of book is pulled. The longer the book has been unread the bigger the chance it's being pulled from the jar. Sorry for my maybe-not-so-easily-understood rambling. I think I need to write a well thought through blog post about my jar :)
    /Yrsha, haveyoureadthisone.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!