Monday, February 22, 2016

HELP! I Need Your Cassandra Clare Expertise!

Okay, guys, I need your help. I found out last week that Cassandra Clare is doing a book signing event in Kansas City on March 15th and I’m wondering if I should go or not. That’s where you come in. I need your expertise.


If you’ve ever been to a Cassandra Clare (or even a Sarah Rees Brennan signing since she’s coming along too), did you think the experience was worth all of the money/time/effort you had to put in to actually get there?

See, I have to travel about three hours to the event and then three hours back if I decide to go. I also have to take off work and maybe skip class for the day (I’m not sure about this since I’ve already skipped that same class for a signing in February. I might just be right on time for the event or a little late). That's another big thing. The tour date is on a Tuesday. Who schedules tour dates on a Tuesday?! I'm tired of having to take off for these things. Grr... Anywho, I also have a signing event I’m attending in St. Louis later on in March which I have to buy six books for.

All of that being said, I also don’t even think Clare is going to sign books you bring to the event. Meaning all I could possibly get signed would be Lady Midnight, since I already own her other books and I don’t have the money to buy more just so I can have signed copies. And the way the bookseller at the event makes it sound, I have to purchase a ticket, in addition to a book, in order to get my book signed.

Basically all of this rambling is just me asking you guys if you would make the trek over to the event and shell out the $$$ if you were me. Do you think it’s worth the hassle? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that one has a lot of rules! I am already starting to order some of the books for the Penguin book signing in late March so I don't have to buy everything at once. I would probably skip this one since you can only get one book signed. That is a lot of time and money to invest for one book. I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the help! I actually have someone who's interested in going with me, so I might end up going. *sigh* I still don't know. If she doesn't want to go, then I'm not going. Too much $$ and time.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!