Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The White Rose by Amy Ewing

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The White Rose
(The Lone City #2)
Publication Date: October 6th, 2015
Hardcover, 384 pages, HarperTeen
Genres: YA, Dystopian

Violet is on the run. After the Duchess of the Lake catches Violet with Ash, the hired companion at the Palace of the Lake, Violet has no choice but to escape the Jewel or face certain death. So along with Ash and her best friend, Raven, Violet runs away from her unbearable life of servitude.

But no one said leaving the Jewel would be easy. As they make their way through the circles of the Lone City, Regimentals track their every move, and the trio barely manages to make it out unscathed and into the safe haven they were promised—a mysterious house in the Farm.

But there’s a rebellion brewing, and Violet has found herself in the middle of it. Alongside a new ally, Violet discovers her Auguries are much more powerful than she ever imagined. But is she strong enough to rise up against the Jewel and everything she has ever known?

The White Rose is a raw, captivating sequel to The Jewel that fans won’t be able to put down until the final shocking moments.

My Thoughts

I thought the first book was good, so I’m looking forward to reading book two. Hopefully there’s better character development in this one, though.

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the first book, I just need to re-read it or skim it though because I read it so long ago. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!