Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep

Killer Frost
(Mythos Academy #6)
Publication Date: February 25, 2014
Paperback, 354 pages, K-Teen
Genres: YA, Paranormal

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.

My Review

This is it. The last book in the Mythos Academy series. I feel like I’ve been reading this series for my entire book-blogging career. I don’t know what I’ll do with myself after I’m officially done writing and posting this review. I guess I’ll just have to find another mythological type of series to tide me over. It would help if it had Logan Quinn in it, though…

So Gwen’s getting ready for the final showdown between her and Loki and I was definitely ready to read about it. I just didn’t expect everything to happen so quickly. While the beginning was a little slow and predictable, the ending seemed like it rushed by way too fast. Maybe my brain wasn’t mentally prepared for the series to come to an end, so I just determined that the last 150 pages felt more like just 25 pages. Stupid brain.

The characters of this series are much the same as they always are, with one exception: Gwen was a little annoying during the first part of this book. I couldn’t understand some of the selfish choices she was making, especially since Gwen had always seemed like a rather selfless character. But other than this issue, the characters didn’t change. I still wanted to see waaaaaaaaaay more Logan than was present, and Daphne, Carson, and Oliver and company (Ha, see what I did there?) kept up their banter and kick-butt-ery. I still must continue to complain about the lack of more Logan sexy-times, though. Logan is such a great character and his background as a Spartan warrior is so freakin’ cool! But Estep constantly has him either absent from the fight scenes or injured and bleeding somewhere. Boo…

All in all, this book was a good ending to a good series and I wish I could have some more—more Logan, more cool ninjas, more Spartans, more Greek god descendants, and more talking weapons!


**Note: I won a copy of this book in a contest. This in no way altered my opinion/review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!