Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Craft Project #2: Hogwarts Throw Pillows

Another craft project! My roommate and I wanted some throw pillows for our living room. We couldn’t find any good, nerdy/geeky, and cheap throw pillows, so we made our own.

We bought some cheap 16”x16” pillows from Wal-Mart’s craft section and we found an online store that sold cheap Hogwarts T-shirts. The online store is called Textual Tees and we got six T-shirts for about $50. We each kept one to wear and then used the other four to make our pillows. Then we cut out the correct shapes and sizes of the T-shirts to get what we have here:


I did the Ravenclaw (my Hogwarts House) and the Gryffindor ones. My roommate did the Hufflepuff one (her House) and the Slytherin one.

Here’s a close-up of the Gryffindor and Slytherin pillows, the first two we finished:

I think they turned out pretty good. I’m excited to use them!

2 comments:

  1. That is really creative! I'm very impressed! I hope to see you around my blog and please let me know what you think of the interview of Sarah Mandell!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'll try to take a look sometime. :)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!