Tuesday, January 2, 2024

December Wrap-Up & January TBR

Well, December and 2023 are over, and now I need to write up a bunch of top 10 posts and yearly wrap-ups. Ugh. My brain hurts just thinking about it. Monthly wrap-ups are bad enough. But otherwise, December wasn't too bad. I had a decent holiday and recovered from some various workout injuries. Getting older sucks. But...onto books.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in December

A Fire in the Flesh: 3.5 stars
Villain and the Geek: 3.5 stars
Violent Secret: 2 stars
Calamity: 2 stars (NetGalley e-ARC, review to come)
God of Fury: 4 stars
Riverbanks: 3 stars
Prince and Bodyguard: 3 stars
Prince and Betrothed: 3 stars
Knock Knock: 2.5 stars
Until You: 4 stars
And Then You: 3 stars

I read 11 books in December. Well, technically it was more like eight books and three novellas, but Goodreads doesn't count it like that, so neither do I. Ha ha. I only read one physical book, A Fire in the Flesh by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It took me like a month to read. I bought one ebook using Kindle credits. It was one of the novellas: Violent Secret by Ariana Nash. I also finished Calamity by Constance Fay which was another book that took me over a month to read. It's a NetGalley ARC, so I need to write my review soon. I just haven't had the motivation. Ugh. And Riverbanks by H.G. Birde is a 34-page novella I downloaded from the author's newsletter. I needed something quick to help get to my 100-books-read count on Goodreads. Other than those four, everything else was a Kindle Unlimited download. Those include Villain and the Geek by L.C. Davis, God of Fury by Rina Kent, Prince and Bodyguard and Prince and Betrothed by Tavia Lark, Knock Knock by Nordia Night, and Until You and And Then You by Briar Prescott.

Books Bought/Received in December

Okay, so this month's haul is kind of a mess. I paid for six books this month and received 21 books. A lot of them were free ebooks, though. The physical books I ordered in December include Obsession by JLA, Gold by Raven Kennedy, the LitHaven edition of The Witch Collector by Charissa Weaks, the adult FairyLoot book for December, and two books in the Arcane Society book sub. I've only received two of those, however: Obsession and Gold.

As for free ebooks, I got 12. One, Riverbanks, was downloaded via the author's newsletter, and Violent Secret was bought using Kindle credits. The other ten were all free Stuff Your Kindle books. Those include With Shield and Ink and Bone, Queen of Roses, A Pack of Storms and Stars, The Hollow Gods, Of Mist and Shadow, Blood of Desiderium, Shadow and Moonlight, Living Legend, Helfyre, and Heavenly Bodies.

I also received seven books this month that I either didn't pay for in December or were gifts. My Fire Study FairyLoot replacement arrived, along with The Midnight Kingdom and Fall of Ruin and Wrath FairyLoot editions. My A Shadow in the Ember French edition arrived too. As for Christmas gifts, my mom got me the newer editions of FBAA and TCOGB along with Insatiable by Meg Cabot. All in all, I got nine physical books in December and 12 ebooks.

Currently Obsessed With

Once again, I haven't been watching a lot of stuff lately. It's mostly been reading, holiday stuff, and TikTok. I am still watching The Office reruns though. Surprise, surprise.

I think I watched some holiday movies in December, like Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, and Netflix's The Christmas Chronicles 1 and 2. That's about it. It's been a pretty blah month for shows and movies. I hope next month has some good stuff, but I doubt it. I guess this is part of the writer's strike coming into play. There's just not anything new to get into right now.

January TBR

I only have three books that I have to read in January. I need to read A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle Jensen, since it's a NetGalley ARC, and I'd like to finish Charm by Tracy Wolff. Yes, I still haven't finished it. I'm about halfway through, and it's ridiculously slow. I also have to read Gold by Raven Kennedy for my book club. I'm excited for that one.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of December, plus some January 2024 sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!