Tuesday, January 16, 2024

My Most Anticipated 2024 Sequels

There are A LOT of 2024 book releases I'm looking forward to, and my top 10 changes each day based on what genre I'm in the mood to read. But I also noticed a lot of my most anticipated books are sequels, so I'm making two separate posts for my most anticipated books (similar to what I did last year). This is the list of sequels. Later, I'll post my list of books by authors I haven't read before/new releases/start of series by authors I've read before. It's a working title. Ha ha.

For your reading pleasure, here are my ten most anticipated sequels of 2024. There are a few honorable mentions that I couldn't fit in the list. They include Father Material by Alexis Hall (disappointed with book two, so this didn't make it higher on the list), The Ashfire King by Chelsea Abdullah (just didn't fit in the list), Red God by Pierce Brown (skeptical this will release in 2024), and Court of Wanderers by Rin Chupeco (already read and reviewed).

***

The Relentless Legion by J.S. Dewes

Honestly, I had to take The Ashfire King out of the Top 10 when The Relentless Legion was officially announced in December. Literally days after I'd just wrote my Most Anticipated list. Ugh. Why does that always happen? But yeah, I forgot this series is still ongoing. I loved book one, and book two, The Exiled Fleet, was good, but it's been so long, I just hope I remember everything for The Relentless Legion.

Serpent Sea by Maiya Ibrahim

This is the only YA book on my list. Wow. That's so weird to think about. But Serpent Sea is the sequel to Spice Road, which I loved back when I read it in 2022. It's taken forever to get the sequel, so I'm excited that it seems like it'll actually release in 2024.

Kingdom of the Forgotten & A Gods' War by Charissa Weeks

The fourth and fifth books in the Witch Walker series are both supposed to release in 2024. Will they? Who knows. Kingdom of the Forgotten comes out in April, though, so it should release then for sure. I've read books one and two, so I'm just waiting for the rest of the series to come out before re-reading and bingeing.

The Dawn Throne by Tara Sim

I'm honestly not sure if this book will release in 2024. Goodreads says it will, but I believe The Midnight Kingdom was also supposed to release within a year of the first book, and it got pushed back. I'm hoping this one won't, because I would like to reread book one and then binge the entire trilogy. No cover yet for The Dawn Throne, FYI.

Somewhere Beyond the Sea by TJ Klune

Book one, The House in the Cerulean Sea, was one of my favorite reads a few years ago, so I'm excited TJ Klune wrote a sequel. I am super nervous, however, that it seems to follow Arthur's POV instead of Linus's. I don't like POV shifts in series unless they're companion stories.

Goldfinch by Raven Kennedy

This is the last book in the Plated Prisoner series. Have I read Gold, book five, yet? Nope. Do I know the wait for this one will be hard on my nerves? Yep. I'm fairly sure Raven Kennedy is going to write a spinoff book about some of the characters, from what she hinted at in a livestream once. But I'm not sure which characters that will follow. So yeah, Goldfinch will be bittersweet.

Honey Cut by Sierra Simone

I read the first book, Salt Kiss back in September, and it was absolutely addicting. I couldn't stop reading. I am worried, however, because the first book followed one character's POV, and the sequel switches POV. I hope the other character gets some chapters, though. I don't like the female main character as much as I like the narrator from book one. I'm also worried because I read another series by this author and things started getting wonky in book two, so I DNF'd the entire series after that. I hope that's not the case for this trilogy.

Hare Underneath by H.G. Birde

I read Crossing Acheron this past summer, and it was awesome! So addicting, with a dubious dark romance and wicked paranormal creatures. I'm very excited for book two which I think is supposed to release in June 2024. But, like all of my top three, it doesn't have a cover yet.

Zodiac Academy 9 by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

GAH! This series! It's so frustrating and addicting, and I just want more, but I don't want it to end, but I also do want it to end with happily ever afters for everyone. Ugh. This last book is supposed to release in April, so if I can't go to ApollyCon, at least I can read a book in one of my favorite series as consolation.

Visions of Flesh and Blood & Primal of Blood and Bone by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I'm cheating and putting two books because Visions isn't a full book. It's a compendium of series information. Also, it's my most anticipated book for the first half of 2024, while Primal (no cover yet) will likely be my most anticipated for the last half. If it releases this year. It's supposed to be the final book in the Blood and Ash world through Poppy's POV, but I don't think that'll be the case. JLA said that for the third book in the Flesh and Fire series too, and look how that turned out!

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated 2024 sequels. What 2024 books are you looking forward to? Let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!