Saturday, January 13, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The December FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I could say my week has been fine. That I've gone to work like normal. Gone to the gym. Gone out to eat with my family to celebrate my sister's birthday. But then I think about the people in Palestine, the people in Congo, and now the people in Yemen who are suffering because of evil people and evil corporations, and it's hard to feel like my week has been fine. Why is the solution to every problem violence? Governments should be above this. It's sick.
 
I'm going to share the books I got this month with you, because that's what this blog is for: books. But please know that books and reading are very low in my mental space right now. It's really hard to be excited about a hobby you used to love with war on the horizon. It's also awful to see people who have read books like The Hunger Games and The Poppy War just do/say nothing in the face of injustice. So yeah... Here are the books.


My FairyLoot edition of Faebound by Saara El-Arifi. This book sounds like it'll be great, and the edition is so pretty. I actually prefer this one over the Goldsboro purple edition, and I normally love purple. I just think Goldsboro went a little overboard with the purple. Also, I do have to mention that FairyLoot went under fire for their support of an author that supposedly writes pro-Isr@el messages. I have not read the book, so I do not know this for sure. I'm disappointed FairyLoot is continuing to sell the book with what is going on in Palestine right now, but I am choosing, in this instance, to believe that the author and publisher were contacted and expressed views that did not support Isr@el, either truthfully or lying so the book would continue to be sold by FairyLoot. I do hope FairyLoot was not lied to. I will be watching the situation closely to see if canceling my subscription is best.


I received another FairyLoot order. This is a series set from another author that is under fire for Isr@el views. I will not mention their name here. I purchased this before the news came out. I personally did not see the post/story on Instagram, so I don't know what the content was. Right now, I am being optimistic and hoping the author shared the Isr@el propaganda out of simple misinformation. It's sad to say, but there are a lot of lies out there right now, and sometimes we as American citizens don't take the time to look into things before posting. I am 100% guilty of this as well. Like with the FairyLoot situation, I will keep an eye on this situation. I, perhaps naively, want to believe that any author who writes about overcoming injustice would not side with an oppressor as large-scale as what we're seeing right now. I truly hope none of them do. 
 
Well, that's all for me. Sorry this post was a bit more depressing than normal. The world is on fire right now. Please cheer me up and let me know what books you have bought/received lately.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the current events are keeping you down. It is devastating. I must miss when authors post things that maybe they shouldn't. I always hear of the fallout immediately afterwards though and wow. I definitely don't remember what these authors said that's for sure. I cancelled my adult FL sub as I wasn't finding the books to be to my liking but I will say that is a pretty cover! I love the color choices!

    Hope you can enjoy these books in the end with the things that were said. Hope the coming week will be a lighter one for you too.


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I tend to miss it too. I usually just hear about it after. I haven't read so many of the FL books I own that I'm wondering if canceling my sub would be best anyway. We shall see. 😌

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!