Saturday, December 30, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Post-Xmas Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Wow. It's almost 2024. That's insane. I feel like the end of the year just flew by. And now onto a new year that I'm not super excited for due to world events. But, ignoring all that, I am excited to start a new year of reading. Right now, I'm trying to shove in all the short books that I can to reach 100 books read in 2023, so I can't wait to just read whatever I want once January hits.


Now, onto books. I had some orders that I picked up at my parents' house while I was there for the holidays. They were mostly preorders from FairyLoot, but there was also the Waterstones edition of Gold by Raven Kennedy. The FairyLoot copies included The Midnight Kingdom by Tara Sim and Fall of Ruin and Wrath by JLA.


Onto the Christmas gifts. Most of them were from my parents. In fact, the only one that wasn't was a metal wall poster my sister got me that has a magical book/castle thing on it. It's pretty. I'm still not sure where I'm going to hang it though. From my parents, I got a fake plant for my house, a small black bookcase, sheets, a gray blanket, a vaccuum, pillows, and a Visa gift card. For bookish stuff, I got Insatiable by Meg Cabot, the newer editions of FBAA and TCOGB, a Solis map blanket and a Delano crispy marshmallow sticker from the JLA Shop, and a Bookish Box FBAA dagger. 
 

There was a Stuff Your Kindle Day earlier this week, so I got a lot of free ebooks. A lot. Those included With Shield and Ink and Book by Casey L. Bond, Queen of Roses by Briar Boleyn, A Pack of Storms and Stars by Olivia Wildenstein, The Hollow Gods by AJ Varna, Of Mist and Shadow by Jenna Wolfhart, Blood of Desiderium by Ali Stuebbe, Shadow and Moonlight by Luna Laurier, Living Legend by Allie Shante, Helfyre by Mariel Pomeroy, and Heavenly Bodies by Imani Erriu.


And finally, the ebooks I downloaded from Kindle Unlimited this week. I got King of Death by Lily Mayne, Knock Knock by Nordika Night, and Prince and Betrothed by Tavia Lark. All of them are sequels to series I've been reading over the past year. I'm currently reading one of them, finished one, and haven't even started another one.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!