Tuesday, December 5, 2023

November Wrap-Up & December TBR

Well, November was the worst reading month of 2023. Yikes. But there were reasons for that. One, was the slump. I just wasn't feeling any of the books I was being forced to read due to my own obligations (e.g., book club, review books, etc.). I also was addicted to TikTok, and current events also make it difficult to focus on reading. #CeasefireNow. Oh, and I ended up getting COVID during Thanksgiving, which meant for two weeks it was hard to focus on anything but trying to breathe through the congestion. Lol.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in November


Court of Wanderers: 4.5 stars (NetGalley eARC, review to come)

Yep, I only read a single book in November. And it was at the beginning of the month. I literally finished it on November 1st in the wee hours of the a.m. Court of Wanderers by Rin Chupeco was a book I got for review via NetGalley. It would have been one of my most anticipated books of 2024 if I hadn't already read it for review. I devoured this sucker in a couple of days, I believe. It was amazing. I'm so sad the duology is over. I already have my review written, I just have to type it up, but it won't go live until the book actually releases in April. I will say though, this duology will make it to the number one spot on my best-reads-of-2023 list.

Books Bought/Received in November

Only reading one book didn't stop me from buying 14 more in November. Yikes. And of those 14, only five of them arrived within the month. The others were preorders. I also had five other books arrive that were paid for earlier in the year. So that's a grand total of 10 books that actually showed up to my house.

The 14 books I bought included nine preorders that haven't arrived yet. Those consists of my FairyLoot preorders of Fall of Ruin and Wrath and The Dark Elements trilogy by JLA and the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown. I also preordered a special edition of From Blood and Ash from Fae & Flourish and the French edition of A Shadow in the Ember. For the books that I purchased that actually arrived in November, I got an ARC of Blood Passage by Heather Demetrios from Mercari; the FairyLoot November Adult book, Sword Catcher by Cassandra Clare; and three books from Barnes & Noble: Fangirl the 10th Anniversary Edition by Rainbow Rowell, Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros, and A Power Unbound by Freya Marske.

 I also received five books that I'd preordered earlier in 2023. My three copies of A Fire in the Flesh arrived, one from Indigo and two from B&N. One was the special B&N copy and the other was the regular hardcover. My FairyLoot copy of The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin came in, as well as the German Chest of Fandoms edition of A Light in the Flame (not pictured).

Currently Obsessed With

I haven't been watching a lot of stuff lately. It's mostly been a TikTok obsession. Plus, TikTok is very digestible when you're ill and can't really concentrate on anything else.

I honestly don't remember what all I watched in November. I know I've been rewatching The Office when I eat meals, like I always do. And I also rewatched The Wizard of Oz for the first time in probably five or so years. I did finish What We Do in the Shadows season five early on in the month. It wasn't my favorite season, sadly, but it had a few funny parts. It definitely could've been better. I also started a show on Netflix called Never Have I Ever. It's a high school comedy that I don't think I'll continue watching. It's just not grabbing my attention. I wanted something to entertain me while I was sick, but it didn't hit the mark.

December TBR

I need to read nine books in December (as of today) to reach 100 books read overall in 2023. So I'm sneaking in some short books to make sure I can reach my goal. Those include The River of Silver by S.A. Chakraborty; some Lily Mayne titles like A Monstrous Christmas in the Camp, which is also fitting for the holiday season; and Villain and the Geek by L.C. Davis. I also need to finish my NetGalley ARC of Calamity by Constance Fay and start my ARC of A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle L. Jensen. And finally, I'd like to finish Charm by Tracy Wolff. I'm only 200 pages into that one. It's taken 3+ months to get the stupid thing read.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of November, plus some December sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!