Saturday, December 23, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Xmas Eve Eve Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's the pre-Christmas book haul. But I have to admit, it's hard to celebrate this year with everything going on in Palestine. It hurts knowing that while I'm celebrating with my family, their own families are being destroyed. I hope our leaders can get a spine over the holidays and end this madness. 20,000 people dead due to greed and hate. It's awful. #CeasefireNow

The only physical item I got this week was my A Soul of Ash and Blood dustjacket from ImaginesBookShop. This took so long to ship out. I think I ordered it back in August? I can't even remember now, it's been that long. But, now that I have it, I have to figure out how I'm going to rearrange my shelves to fit this one in with the other FBAA editions.


And finally, the only ebook I have is a tiny novella in the Kin & Kine series by H.G. Birde. Riverbanks is only 34 pages, and I decided to download it from the author's newsletter when I began panicking about how I was five books away from reaching 100 books read on Goodreads. My goal each year is only 30 books, but I'm so close to 100 that it'll be awful if I can't reach it. After reading Riverbanks, I'm at 96 books read. I can make it! Hopefully...

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the world events is just sickening, then our local news is never much better either. Not on the same scale, but still pretty horrible.

    The cover is gorgeous! I know what you mean about struggling to display copies! I feel like I need at least 3 cases for my Stephanie Garber books so I can display some covers facing out! It's challenging! I just wish I could find a house so that I could get more bookcases going! It's a struggle! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new short read and that you can tackle that 100 end goal! The last time I met that was 2 years ago when I was out of a job for a few months. It was stressful times for sure, but man that 100+ end goal with Goodreads was nice! Lol.


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!