Friday, December 15, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: Another JLA Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I'm back. It's been a while. I actually didn't get any physical books last week. Therefore, I decided not to write an StS and just save all the ebooks I got for this post, but I'll get into that in a bit. As for life in general, nothing crazy is going on. I had book club for the first time since our Iceland trip, so that was fun, and I went to visit my parents last weekend.

Now, onto books. My order for the French edition of A Shadow in the Ember came in this week. I was actually surprised it arrived in so quickly. I ordered via Amazon.fr, and I think it came in less than two weeks. Normally international orders take FOREVER. My preorder incentives for A Fire in the Flesh also arrived at my parents' house, so I was able to pick those up when I visited.

I ended up having to make a $40 Barnes & Noble purchase to get free shipping for a Christmas present I ordered, so I threw in a JLA book that I don't own yet. Obsession is the adult spinoff/companion book to her Lux series. I haven't read it yet, but I might do that soon. I need some quick reads to get me to 100 books by the end of the year, and JLA's non-FBAA books are usually pretty fast reads.

And finally, the ebooks. All of these except Violent Secret by Ariana Nash are Kindle Unlimited downloads. I purchased Violent Secret using some Amazon credits. The other KU books include Gold by Raven Kennedy, Villain and the Geek by L.C. Davis, God of Fury by Rina Kent, Until You by Briar Prescott, One by Paulina Ian-Kane, Blurred Lines by Andi Jaxon, and Danger Zone by Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank. Can you tell I was downloading a lot of stuff to try to get out of a reading slump?

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you mention Amazon.fr as I placed a preorder with them as well and I do remember choosing the faster shipping option just because it was a difference of like $5 and I thought what the heck? And my book arrived surprisingly quick too! Who would've thought that an international Amazon would actually be fast shipping? Amazon here has always been dreadfully slow, even when we had Prime. So we cancelled that and now just make our $35 orders and while it takes awhile to process them, when they do ship they still get here fairly quick!

    Ooh Obsession! I read that one way back when I was able to be caught up with JLA's books! I still have one of her back series to read and too many of her current ones! I can't read 500+ page books as quickly for whatever reason! But I do remember enjoying this one! It was fun and I was always sad that the "adult" Lux books didn't take off. But oh well.

    Hope you enjoy all of your fantastic new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!