Saturday, July 2, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The June FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, the last couple of weeks have been pretty crappy. Women just lost a ton of rights and bodily autonomy, and SCOTUS is on the warpath to do even more damage. Yeesh. I hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise a lot of people are screwed. But I guess I'll try to keep it light and breezy here for now and just talk about books. I missed last week's Stacking the Shelves because I only had one book and I didn't feel like creating a whole post for it. So, I'm back now with a mega haul!


First up, I have the book I got last week, The Inadequate Heir by Danielle L. Jensen. I ordered this one from Amazon and the original version that came was all mushed on the spine because they shipped it in a mailer bag instead of a box. Thankfully, my replacement was fine, even though it too was shipped in a mailer bag. (Get it together, Amazon. Gosh.) And just this past Thursday, my B&N preorder of Victoria Aveyard's Blade Breaker came in. I still haven't read the first book, but I will. One day... I'll honestly probably just wait until all the books are out to binge it at this point. No sense in torturing myself with cliffhangers now.


Next are a couple of library books. I have Lynette Noni's The Blood Traitor and Brian D. Kennedy's A Little Bit Country. I own the first two books in Lynette Noni's Prison Healer series, but they're all FairyLoot editions. And the FairyLoot preorder for book three won't ship out until October. That was too long to wait, so I borrowed the library copy.


And this is definitely my biggest disappointment of the month, if not the year. I started collecting Sallteas's character pins back in 2021. I have the FBAA, Serpent & Dove, and TFOTA characters, which are all of the ones she's done so far. Therefore, I immediately ordered Wrath and Emilia from Kingdom of the Wicked when she had the preorder listing up. Well... They arrived. And they're smaller than the other pins, which means my entire display now doesn't match. I'm so bummed. I don't even know what to do with these tiny things. They look ridiculous next to my larger pins. Ugh. The preorder also came with this bonus print. While I like the art style, I'm not a huge fan of the fantasy characters reading a modern-day book like The Hating Game. So I'm not sure if I'll end up keeping any of this stuff, and I'm crossing my fingers the artist sells larger version of the pins some day.


June's FairyLoot box arrived! Woohoo! I actually like most of the items in this month's box. The Twin Crowns paperback is pretty, though mine came kind of dinged up. However, I don't think it's worth getting a replacement, as I have a LitJoy hardcover edition of Twin Crowns on the way too. This Vicious Grace by Emily Thiede is very... yellow. I love the inside of the book, including the naked hardback, but the mustard yellow is meh to me. I do like the character art it came with, though. I also like the LOTR sticky tabs and The Atlax Six booksleeve, even though I have way too many unnecessary booksleeves, this one isn't as flashy as some of the others, so I could actually use it. As for the trinket dish, well, it's another trinket dish. I do like Rin from The Poppy War, but I just do not need another decorative dish. I'm not sure what FairyLoot is thinking with this collectible line. It's useless. But anyway, on to the best item in the box. It honestly made my six-month full box subscription 100% worth it--the FBAA tarot cards! Just look at Poppy, Hawke, and Kieran! They're gorgeous! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!


And lastly, I have a couple of ebooks. First is Tavia Lark's Prince and Assassin. I don't know much about this, and I can't remember where I heard about it. But it was free on Kindle Unlimited, so I downloaded it. My incentive for ordering The Inadequate Heir also arrived. It's the novella of The Calm Before the Storm by Danielle L. Jensen.
 
What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice haul! I've been getting upset lately that my Fairy Loot book only book seems to be on the later shipments. i mean, I usually know what the book is, but everyone who gets the full box seems to get theirs way before the book only people. You'd think it would be the other way around. I was just going to say that the tarot cards are perfect for you this month! When I had my last box I was surprised that they were doing another set of tarot cards again. I mean, it took ages to get the whole deck completed and I knew the book only option was on the horizon, so I decided against trying to collect a second deck! Lol.

    Looks like you got lots of great reads these past two weeks! I hope you enjoy them all!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. That sucks. I start book-only in September, so it'll be a bummer to have to wait. Though I spoil myself each and every time. I have zero patience. XD

      Yeah, I was surprised by the second deck of tarot cards too! I am loving that they are using the same artist throughout this line, so I may end up trying to complete the deck, if they continue to sell them in the Trove.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!