Saturday, July 16, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Avril Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Man, it's been a tiring week. I guess because I'm getting back into my workout routine and the heat + running = exhaustion. It's been so hard to read. I just want to sleep as soon as I finish my workouts, which I typically do after I come back from working all day. Ugh. But anyway, I have a few things this week to share. I've got some swag from the Avril Lavigne concert I attended last weekend and some books I accrued from various places.


The first book I got was Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet. It was at my local used bookstore. I also traded my FairyLoot edition of Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard for the regular version. I actually like the font design on the US edition way more than the FairyLoot one and I don't want to keep buying expensive sequels, so I decided to trade with my friend. And finally, I have Naomi Novik's Spinning Silver. This was at Books-A-Million, which my friend and I went to when I visited her in KC to attend the concert. The hardcover edition was less than $8, so I nabbed it! Oh, and I bought a Yennefer Funko Pop from Amazon. I've started getting into Pops again, which is a bad idea when combined with my fan art and book shopping addiction.

At the Avril concert, I picked up a tour shirt and a CD. I haven't bought a CD in so long, but I've collected all of Avril's except the one before this most recent album, so I figured why not buy it as a souvenir. Unfortunately, the plastic case on mine got a little cracked. I don't know if it was that way when I bought it and I didn't notice or if it got that way on my drive back home. Oh well...

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! Glad your trip was good! Sounds like a success what with the concert and Books a Million trip! I still need to read Realm Breaker myself. I cut myself off from some of the Fairy Loot exclusives as well. This one didn't look too much different from the US cover, so I didn't bother with that one. I skipped a few other deluxe editions of series I liked, but didn't love either. Gotta save where I can! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!