Tuesday, July 5, 2022

June Wrap-Up & July TBR

So June was not my month. And so far, it's bleeding into July too. Mostly it's unrelated health things. Starting with a chest cold, then a back injury, and now a dental crown falling out on my three-day holiday weekend. Ugh. All that, plus the Roe v. Wade news is really managing to put a dent in my summer. But book-wise, June was pretty good, so at least there's that.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in June

The Maid and the Orcs: 3.5 stars (ebook)
King of Battle and Blood: 2 stars (ebook)
A Taste of Gold and Iron: 3.5 stars (NetGalley ARC, review to come)

The Prison Healer: 4 stars
The Gilded Cage: 4 stars
Glow: 3.5 stars (ebook)
Savage Lands: 4 stars
Wretched: 2 stars (ebook)

I read eight books in June, five of which were ebooks. The ebooks included The Maid and the Orcs by Finley Fenn (KU), King of Battle and Blood by Scarlett St. Clair (library), A Taste of Gold and Iron by Alexandra Rowland (NetGalley), Glow by Raven Kennedy (KU), and Wretched by Emily McIntire (KU). The three physical books I read were The Prison Healer and The Gilded Cage by Lynette Noni and Savage Lands by Stacey Marie Brown. Savage Lands was an ApollyCon prep read. I believe of the physical reads, The Prison Healer is the only one I owned prior to the start of 2022.

Books Bought/Received in June

I didn't realize how many books I'd received until I started stacking them up to take a photo. In total, I received 13 books this month, eight of which I bought in the month of June. However, I did technically buy 12 books in June, since I made four preorders/book box orders.

 The physical books I bought in June and received in June are Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn (used bookstore), The Bridge Kingdom books 1-3 by Danielle L. Jensen, Foxy Tales by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti, Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet (Amazon), and Blade Breaker by Victoria Aveyard (B&N preorder). As for ebooks I bought in June, I just have Sapphire Sunset by Christopher Rice, which is one I need to read before ApollyCon at the end of July. It was a cheap Kindle purchase. Oh, and I did pay for two books that I'll receive at ApollyCon. I'll get to show you those in next month's wrap-up. And I also paid for July's Adult Bookish Box book and my FairyLoot Kingdom of the Feared preorder.

I received five books I didn't purchase in June, which are essentially preorders that came in. Owlcrate's Book of Night edition arrived. I also got June's FairyLoot, which I paid for when I bought my six-month subscription back in February. There were two books in the June FairyLoot box, so I got Twin Crowns by Catherine Doyle and Katherine Webber and This Vicious Grace by Emily Thiede. I also got Tanvi Merwah's Monsters Born and Made from NetGalley, as well as the short story ebook preorder incentive from Danielle L. Jensen called The Calm Before the Storm.

Currently Obsessed With

I finished Modern Family, so now I'm trying to find a new filler show to watch. But I've mostly gone back to rewatching The Office now that I have Peacock. There are a few new seasons of shows I've been watching, though. So that's exciting.

The Boys season three is out, and I've been watching it every week. While I like the weekly release model because it allows for more time to enjoy the show, I do hate the wait between episodes, especially now that Jensen Ackles is in it. Other than that, I started Fate: The Winx Saga on Netflix, but I haven't gotten very far yet, simply due to other life distractions. Oh, and I binged Love, Victor season three. It was an okay finale season. Too many of the main characters got together, in my opinion. And finally, I finished Stranger Things Vol. 2, but I technically did that at the beginning of July. I just wanted to squeeze it in here in case I forget to mention it during next month's wrap-up.

July TBR

I have a list of library books and a list of ApollyCon books to get through this month. The library books include A Little Bit Country by Brian D. Kennedy, The Blood Traitor by Lynette Noni, and The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi. For ApollyCon, I need to read Oath Taker by Audrey Grey, With Shield and Ink and Bone by Casey L. Bond, Sapphire Sunset by Christopher Rice, Broken Bonds by J. Bree, and Riven by Roan Perrish. I'd also like to read some more of the Savage Lands series before ApollyCon. However, I have to buy the sequels, since they're not on Kindle Unlimited, so I may only get to one or two of them this month. Other than those, I need to re-read Vampire Academy for my book club in preparation for the TV show coming out, and I need to finish Only a Monster by Vanessa Len, which I started reading in June.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of June, plus some July sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!