Saturday, July 9, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Double Tarot Cards Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I'm writing this post a bit early this week, as I am going to an Avril Lavigne concert Friday night and staying with a friend through Saturday. It will be the first concert I've been to since I was in college. Wow. It'll also be the first personal/non-work event I've been to since 2020. It'll be weird being in a group of people again. I may end up hating every second of it.


Back to talking about books, though. First up, I have my second set of tarot cards from Prettygalpins. These are of the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac characters. There's Elise, Gabriel, Leon, Ryder, and Dante. Funny story, I also was going to haul this book, Dark Fae, which is book one in the Ruthless Boys series, but the spine font is all messed up, so I'm going to return it.


The Ruthless Boys tarot card deck also came with my order of Crescent City cards. There's Lydia, Ithan, Tharion, Ruhn, Bryce, and Hunt. Now, I have mixed feelings about this set. Everyone looks good, but Bryce and Hunt don't look like what I picture when I read the series. It's still pretty art, just not what I would consider accurate in my opinion. And other people may disagree, which is okay.
 

And finally, I have the sole book in my haul. Or at least, the sole book that I'm keeping. It's Broken Bonds by J. Bree. J. Bree is an ApollyCon author and I've heard good things about this reverse harem series. Therefore, I bought the book to get signed. I also bought Khal Drogo because he was like $5 on Amazon.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh nice haul! The tarot cards are beautiful! I was almost going to order the Crescent City set but I guess I didn't like not being able to see them all before I buy. Plus I still need to read HOSAB so I felt like there would be characters I didn't know there and wouldn't know if I should be happy to have them or not. Lol.

    Nice haul all in all! I hope you enjoy all of your new goodies and reads--pending you get the replacement for the first! Hope you enjoy your concert too!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't like that they don't reveal the art before selling them. That is a pet peeve of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!